Live birds?

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck, h2ofowlr

Live birds?

Postby JMTaylor » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:52 am

Is there anywhere to buy live birds for dog training around the Fort Lewis area. I decided against paying to much to have my dog trained by a professional. Just wanting a few.
JMTaylor
hunter

Re: Live birds?

Postby brokerbyduck » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:05 am

Hit up a local feed store and they can get you connected with someone breeding quail or pheasants locally. I used to use the little nickel newspaper but craigslist has probably taken over that market. Courtenix (sp?) Quail Worked great for me.
"To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems." Homer Simpson
Beware the ghetto lean!
brokerbyduck
State Moderator

Postby WingsCupped&FeetDown » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:30 am

Hit up the sale barns. Also, Banty roosters!!! Tie the wings back and a foot. Make a ton of noise and really get your dog excited on blinds.

Good luck!
Friends don't let Friends skybust

Amendment II
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
WingsCupped&FeetDown
hunter

Postby brad0861 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:27 pm

Look up Coal Creek Poultry Auction. Down in Chehalis, not too far from you. They usually have the auction in the morning on Sat. I would usually just call and ask in the morning if they had any pheasants and they would put my bid in for me. Last time I picked up two hens and a rooster for around $35.
brad0861
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting