Youth Hunt

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck, h2ofowlr

Youth Hunt

Postby Coot Man » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:39 pm

I took my two boys out on the youth hunt this last weekend. What a hoot! :laughing: We had several wood ducks up close and personal, but no kills. On the way back to the truck we watched a flock of ducks drop into a slough so we snuck over and spooked the birds off. Their was still one duck hanging out so I told my youngest (8 years old) to get his gun ready and I would spook the duck off the water. Well the duck he was looking at was a different duck than I was looking at when "my duck" flushed I said shoot. He shot and rolled a coot. You would've thought he had won the lottery!! We had to stop and show Grandmas and Grandpa, mom at work, and anybody else who cared to see that bird. I pretty sure I have another hunting buddy for life. I don't know who had more fun my two boys or I. It was a blast!!! If you get a chance take a youngster hunting.
You've got to stand for something or you will fall for anything...
Coot Man
hunter

Postby 98ramtough » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:31 pm

"Rolled a coot"... lol From your moniker I'm guessing the apple didn't fall far from the tree? :)
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby Coot Man » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:02 pm

LOL... It even gets more confusing when I tell you that my black labs name is Coot. That is where "Coot Man" comes from. My boy Cody thought that it was pretty cool that Coot retrieved a coot.
Coot Man
hunter

Postby 98ramtough » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:24 pm

That is pretty cool. Id like to see my dog Buck retrieve a buck... :yes:
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby Coot Man » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:29 pm

I like where you are going with that thought..... If that truly was the case then my dog would be real confused, because I would be changing his name on a regular basis depending on what was in season. :thumbsup:
Coot Man
hunter

Postby athomeruddy » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:47 pm

thats awesome good job. LOL :laughing: :toofunny: classic story for when hes older! :salude:
athomeruddy
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting