Dakota extreme mallards

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, washingtonmuley, h2ofowlr, brokerbyduck

Dakota extreme mallards

Postby brokerbyduck » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:32 pm

Anybody else running these dekes?

I've got two dozen that I really like but the tangle free slotted bags I got for them are pretty tight.

I need a bag with a zippered top to keep them stable while they are piled on top of a sneak boat. Can anybody recommend a bag that they fit in well?
"To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems." Homer Simpson
Beware the ghetto lean!
brokerbyduck
State Moderator

Re: Dakota extreme mallards

Postby Erie » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:44 pm

The Avery deluxe has been very good for mine, so much in fact with that zippered top that I forget I have them and they rarely got used. Drakedrayage ever gets back from touring Africa with Obama he could come over and pick them up.
WWA member
NRA lifetime member
DU member
Erie
hunter

Postby Drake Drayage » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:53 pm

Erie wrote:The Avery deluxe has been very good for mine, so much in fact with that zippered top that I forget I have them and they rarely got used. Drakedrayage ever gets back from touring Africa with Obama he could come over and pick them up.

:mad: :mad: :mad: ***!.. I thought Shade bought up the lot!?! :huh: I'm back...

btw, Obama says he wants his Cheeseburger back. :lol3:
Shade Prostaff
Blackberry Kazoo Boy Productions
Drake Drayage
hunter

Postby brokerbyduck » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:15 am

Congrats Ben, it can be tough to draw Drake drayage out from behind his slide rule. :biggrin:
I'll check out the deluxe. My tanglfrees are great but just a little too snug for the Dakotas.
"To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems." Homer Simpson
Beware the ghetto lean!
brokerbyduck
State Moderator

Postby Shade » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:21 am

Shade only bought 1 dozen... The rest are yours.
Shade,
Yard Buck pro-staff trainee
Shade
hunter

Postby BigBlondeBirdDog » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:00 am

Sorry, alittle late in the game on the conversation ... we are talking the floaters, right?
: Waterfowl Junkie & Host of "Pacific Flyway Radio"

Ragged Outdoors Pro Staff Drinking Team
Killians Irish Red Pro Staff Drinking Team
Famous Dave's BBQ Rib Tip Platter Phat Boy Team
BigBlondeBirdDog
hunter

Postby brokerbyduck » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:03 am

Yeah, the floaters. They fit tightly in the tangle free bags but you've got to arrange them the right way or they won't all fit correctly. With all the sand here, I think an upgrade to a bag with larger slots is in order to protect the paint. These Dakotas aren't cheap, even on sale the cheapest I've found them is around $130.00 a dozen.

This is what I'm using now: http://www.tanglefree.com/products/bags-and-cases/decoy-bags/deluxe-12-slot-zipper-top-duck-decoy-bag

I picked them up at sportsman's warehouse for $44.00 a piece. Sportco has them for $79.00 I think.

They are great bags, If they fit the Dakotas better, I would have bought more. I will use these bags for some of my nicer diver dekes that currently get abused in a couple big floating bags with no slots.
Beware the ghetto lean!
brokerbyduck
State Moderator

Postby Erie » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:36 pm

Drake Drayage wrote:
Erie wrote:The Avery deluxe has been very good for mine, so much in fact with that zippered top that I forget I have them and they rarely got used. Drakedrayage ever gets back from touring Africa with Obama he could come over and pick them up.

:mad: :mad: :mad: ***!.. I thought Shade bought up the lot!?! :huh: I'm back...

btw, Obama says he wants his Cheeseburger back. :lol3:

So does that mean you want the other two dozen.
WWA member
NRA lifetime member
DU member
Erie
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:40 pm

I like the avery slotted bags too. I have some tanglefree magnum pins, and they have enough room to slip some teal in there with them
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby Erie » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:45 pm

If DrakeDrayage doesn't want the other two dozen Dakota mallards I have they will be in the classifieds for $95/dozen. Sorry for the SPAM
WWA member
NRA lifetime member
DU member
Erie
hunter

Postby brokerbyduck » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:18 pm

Spam accepted, I'll take them. Drake Drayage will need to run an algorithm to determine if they offer maximum efficiency vs time in the field. It may be 2 years before he's done crunching the numbers.

By the way, all my Browning gear is ready to go, you let me know when one of your party weasels out. At least one of them will drop out at the last minute, I'm your huckleberry. :thumbsup:
Beware the ghetto lean!
brokerbyduck
State Moderator

Postby Erie » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:18 pm

Hahaha we've had one guy back out and then come back in 3 times now.
WWA member
NRA lifetime member
DU member
Erie
hunter

Postby brokerbyduck » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:20 am

I'll be over on the coast Monday or Tuesday this week. Let me know about those dekes!
Beware the ghetto lean!
brokerbyduck
State Moderator

Postby Erie » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:06 pm

He says he wants them but if your coming over maybe I could borrow the DC book you just finished?
WWA member
NRA lifetime member
DU member
Erie
hunter

Postby brokerbyduck » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:39 am

Erie wrote:He says he wants them but if your coming over maybe I could borrow the DC book you just finished?

I suppose I don't really need more mallards anyways. I'm pretty sure I do NEED a dozen of their new pintails though. :thumbsup:
I borrowed the book from john, he is supposed to be shooting on Tuesdays, I'm sure he'd loan it to you too.
Beware the ghetto lean!
brokerbyduck
State Moderator

Postby Erie » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:28 pm

The pintails really? Man those things were a huge disappointment for me. The hens look as good as they get but the drakes look nothing like the original carving and more like a small snow goose as white as they are. That's just my opinion, HOWEVER I bet they can take a beating that's for sure. My mallards got rode hard and they still look great aside from the flocking on some of the heads but I'd rather replace a few heads a year than dozen of decoys.
WWA member
NRA lifetime member
DU member
Erie
hunter

Postby brokerbyduck » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:52 am

Depends on how they look in person, they look white in some of the pics but others look right. If the drakes are close and the price drops $50. I'm a buyer. If not, I could always use more geese.
Beware the ghetto lean!
brokerbyduck
State Moderator

Postby Drake Drayage » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:34 pm

wow... I feel like I miss decisions in my own life when I'm not logging into DHC. The dekes are mine broker!!! That is, until Shade says he wants them again - then not - then yes -then... :fingerhead: But seriously, I need those mallard dekes - if nothing else, I'm shooting a triple of the flocked head and punching one of them in the jaw this year!
Shade Prostaff
Drake Drayage
hunter

Postby Shade » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:23 am

Seriously? From the get go..... "I'll take a dozen, DrakeDrayage can have the rest."

I have that monster mass text conversation as proof..... (But mostly it is just funny as heII to re-read the whole thing)
Shade,
Shade
hunter

Postby BigBlondeBirdDog » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:58 am

I'd take'em off your hands, but already have 4 dzn of the Dakota Floaters ... and I just bought Shades Red's, so I'm pretty stocked for season!
: Waterfowl Junkie & Host of "Pacific Flyway Radio"

Ragged Outdoors Pro Staff Drinking Team
Killians Irish Red Pro Staff Drinking Team
Famous Dave's BBQ Rib Tip Platter Phat Boy Team
BigBlondeBirdDog
hunter

Postby Erie » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:39 pm

Drake Drayage wrote:wow... I feel like I miss decisions in my own life when I'm not logging into DHC. The dekes are mine broker!!! That is, until Shade says he wants them again - then not - then yes -then... :fingerhead: But seriously, I need those mallard dekes - if nothing else, I'm shooting a triple of the flocked head and punching one of them in the jaw this year!

hhahahahahha
WWA member
NRA lifetime member
DU member
Erie
hunter

Postby Shade » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:52 pm

BigBlondeBirdDog wrote:I'd take'em off your hands, but already have 4 dzn of the Dakota Floaters ... and I just bought Shades Red's, so I'm pretty stocked for season!

1/2 of Shades Reds..... I kept the Flocked Dozen :yes:
Shade,
Shade
hunter

Postby brokerbyduck » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:58 pm

Drake Drayage wrote:wow... I feel like I miss decisions in my own life when I'm not logging into DHC. The dekes are mine broker!!! That is, until Shade says he wants them again - then not - then yes -then... :fingerhead: But seriously, I need those mallard dekes - if nothing else, I'm shooting a triple of the flocked head and punching one of them in the jaw this year!

Sorry, I didn't know you were planning on hunting drake mallards this year. :hammer:
Beware the ghetto lean!
brokerbyduck
State Moderator

Postby Drake Drayage » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:25 pm

brokerbyduck wrote:

Sorry, I didn't know you were planning on hunting drake mallards this year. :hammer:

I'm not... just the hens with green heads!
Shade Prostaff
Drake Drayage
hunter

Postby brokerbyduck » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:06 am

I'm sure your streak will end this year, one way or the other. :thumbsup:
Beware the ghetto lean!
brokerbyduck
State Moderator

Return to Washington Duck Hunting