Duck Hunting Forum banner

tired of talking to myself in blind

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  fishnranger 
#1 ·
hi everybody im 20 years old live in the tri-cities just looking for someone to hunt with ive only got 16 decoys pretty beat up and a dog that hates anything other than food and ducks. i mostly hunt the burbank area and wondering if anybody has any suggestions on spots to try

#2 ·
I live in Tri-Cities. I hit Burbank P-unit, free roam side this morning for a couple hours before work, not much flying. I heard a whole bunch of shooting on the other side (typical, birds opposite of me)
I've got decoys, no dog, but a 17 year-old who swims pretty well. Let me know if you want to join us for a hunt. We try to go Sundays when possible.
-shep

#4 ·
We usually park at the end of the road and head just about straight out to the river, not as far as the post for goose pit #6, though straight out from there is not too bad. Without a dog we have to limit to how deep we can safely retrieve with chest waders. Some of that water drops off pretty quick so we pass on most anything steaming away from us - I hate leaving a dead bird or a cripple out of reach.
We pack a bag of +/- 3 doz duck decoys. I just picked up a couple dozen goose sillouettes, tried them out on T-Day in goose pit #8. I need to invest in some shells or better if I'm going to get serious about goose hunting though.
I usually blow a Hayes duck call which seems to scare 'em off just fine, though I have others if the ducks are too thick :)

We might be going out again next Sunday. I'll let you know.

#5 ·
what time are you guys haveing to get there in the morning to get a spot and i have a good dog she just likes to sit outside the blind so she can watch the ducks and it flares them once in a while but she has never let a duck get away so if i take her we can hunt anywhere but i dont have much as of places to hunt my hunting partner went off to college and ive been doing it by myself for 2 years and havent gotten out as much as i would like but yeah let me know if you go or not. by the way what is you and your sons name and what kind of guns do you shoot?

#6 ·
About 5-5:30 is fine for a free roam area. No telling on the numbered blinds. I gave up walking a mile just to find some boater has beat me to the punch, those dekes get heavy after a while.
I'm Todd & son's name is Matt. He is one if KFC/Taco Bells finest and set to graduate Kamiakin HS this year. Your name?
I shoot a Rem pump, he shoots a Ducks Unlimited Mossberg collector my brother gave him last year. The kid is pretty deadly if I can get him near some birds.
I'll let you know this week but am pretty sure we will hit it Sunday.

#8 ·
yeah i was jack in the boxes finest for a while after i dropped out of school and got my ged. my name is preston. i heard someone say they were getting there at like 2 or 3 in the morning to get a spot and thats just way too damn early to get a few ducks or lack there of 5 is more like it its not bad if you have 300 dekes to set in that 5 hour wait but not for me. but yeah let me know this week if you want to go this weekend

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.