I can't wait any more!

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, h2ofowlr, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck

I can't wait any more!

Postby jennyfell55 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:54 pm

Is it duck season yet? No?! Rats :crying: I'm going crazy waiting! Trying to keep myself busy making decoys, but then I decide to get ambitious and do poses that I end up cursing at :lol3: I'm hoping this year I can find someone willing to let me come along for an early season goose hunt... that would be nice :biggrin: Anyone else going crazy waiting?
Last edited by jennyfell55 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jennyfell55
hunter
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:14 pm
Location: Lakewood, WA


Re: I can't wait any more!

Postby The Red Zone » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:29 pm

I am I've baught 3 dozen decoys to add to my spread and I'm tired of seeing ducks fly right by while I'm training my dog.
The Red Zone
hunter
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:37 pm

Re: I can't wait any more!

Postby jennyfell55 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:58 pm

That's got to be irritating! I went to Sportsman's Warehouse and was getting out of my car when I heard a flock of geese close by.... almost instinctively dropped to try to hide *facepalm* :lol:
jennyfell55
hunter
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:14 pm
Location: Lakewood, WA

Re: I can't wait any more!

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:34 pm

Guys whining for spots when the parking lot clearly holds all the birds? You guys don't know how to scout.
Last edited by ScaupHunter on Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
User avatar
ScaupHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 6539
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am

Re: I can't wait any more!

Postby jennyfell55 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:00 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:Guys whining for spots when they parking lot clearly holds all the birds? You guys don't know how to scout.

I'm not whining for spots I'm whining about how long I have to wait :lol3: Between the Sportman's Warehouse parking lot and the city park I've done all the scouting I need lmao. Now I just need to go pick up a few loaves of wonder bread! Or do geese prefer wheat bread? :huh:
jennyfell55
hunter
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:14 pm
Location: Lakewood, WA

Re: I can't wait any more!

Postby Canada-hammer » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:36 pm

jennyfell55 wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:Guys whining for spots when they parking lot clearly holds all the birds? You guys don't know how to scout.

I'm not whining for spots I'm whining about how long I have to wait :lol3: Between the Sportman's Warehouse parking lot and the city park I've done all the scouting I need lmao. Now I just need to go pick up a few loaves of wonder bread! Or do geese prefer wheat bread? :huh:

Actually they prefer corn bread, but pumpernickel is a close second
Canada-hammer
hunter
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 2:30 pm
Location: Tacoma

Re: I can't wait any more!

Postby jennyfell55 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:00 pm

Canada-hammer wrote:
jennyfell55 wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:Guys whining for spots when they parking lot clearly holds all the birds? You guys don't know how to scout.

I'm not whining for spots I'm whining about how long I have to wait :lol3: Between the Sportman's Warehouse parking lot and the city park I've done all the scouting I need lmao. Now I just need to go pick up a few loaves of wonder bread! Or do geese prefer wheat bread? :huh:

Actually they prefer corn bread, but pumpernickel is a close second


Thank you! I would have looked like an idiot in my urban camo throwing white bread out for the geese! Thank you so much! :thumbsup:
jennyfell55
hunter
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:14 pm
Location: Lakewood, WA

Re: I can't wait any more!

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:51 pm

Jenny,

You missed out on the diver slaughter last year. Keep track of Bknilvr and his trips down during late season. He is always willing to pick someone up when I have an open seat. Fair warning he charges twinkies and gas money for rides to the duck hunts on the lower Columbia.

No help for you on early season. Late season you are welcome when I have an empty seat in the boat.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
User avatar
ScaupHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 6539
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am

Re: I can't wait any more!

Postby jennyfell55 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:04 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:Jenny,

You missed out on the diver slaughter last year. Keep track of Bknilvr and his trips down during late season. He is always willing to pick someone up when I have an open seat. Fair warning he charges twinkies and gas money for rides to the duck hunts on the lower Columbia.

No help for you on early season. Late season you are welcome when I have an empty seat in the boat.



Thank you so much! I'll have to keep an eye out! Twinkies and gas money is more than reasonable :thumbsup: Now I'm looking forward to waterfowl season even more! :biggrin: Thank you again for the generous offer :smile:
jennyfell55
hunter
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:14 pm
Location: Lakewood, WA


Return to Washington Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests