new duck call?

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck, h2ofowlr

new duck call?

Postby strickland » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:57 pm

So I'm wanting to get a new duck call. I've only ever had the cheaper duck calls but have the higher end goose call like the Saunders traffic and goods pimp. So im thinking of getting either the Saunders ticket, Mac island call or a echo call. What are your guys thoughts?
strickland
hunter

Re: new duck call?

Postby Shade » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:58 pm

Of the choices listed.... I am a fan of Echo
Shade,
Yard Buck pro-staff trainee
Shade
hunter

Postby Loveless » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:11 pm

Shade wrote:Of the choices listed.... I am a fan of Echo

:ditto:
"Creeps and idiots cannot conceal themselves for long on a fishing trip." -Gierach
Loveless
hunter

Postby strickland » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:39 pm

Thanks guys. Any particular one? If it helps I normally hunt the snake river so mostly big open water
strickland
hunter

Postby Loveless » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:09 pm

strickland wrote:Thanks guys. Any particular one? If it helps I normally hunt the snake river so mostly big open water

Do you like Single Reeds or Doubles? If you like singles... I picked up the Echo Pure Meat Acrylic last year, it's an open water call pretty easy to blow has a real nice top end and a decent low end. I also have the Cocobolo timber call. I personally think the wood calls sound better but that's just me. I like to use the acrylic calls to get their attention and switch to the timber calls when the birds get close. I grew up down the road from Rick dunn in Beebe, AR, so I'm a little biased. I called down to Echo last week to get some info and they're slammed with orders and are completely out of cocobolo, so if you do go that route, you can pick one up from rogers sporting goods.
"Creeps and idiots cannot conceal themselves for long on a fishing trip." -Gierach
Loveless
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting