New member - looking for a hunting partner

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck, h2ofowlr

New member - looking for a hunting partner

Postby Skiptowns » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:26 am

Hey guys! I've followed this board off and on for a few years and finally decided to join. Still chuckling about the story of some guy seated in the middle of the swamp waving his arms around blowing his call like a kazoo. I'm looking for someone to hunt with this season - my regular partner retired to Mexico! And Craigslist probably isn't exactly the right place to look for hunting partners! I've got a great 16' Starcraft jon boat with a Merc jet that works well in the shallow estuaries where I usually hunt. I'll go just about anyplace, would love to search out some new places between "The Eastside" and the north end of Whidbey. Being mostly retired, I'm flexible and available during the week. Give me a shout if you want to chat, have coffee and maybe do some scouting between now and the opener.

Thanks!

Dan
Skiptowns
hunter

Re: New member - looking for a hunting partner

Postby h2ofowlr » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:03 am

Welcome! You may want to include your location or the side of the state you hunt on. It might help target those that are located near you. :thumbsup:
Cut Um!
Real ducks don't have a competition sequence they follow! Hint, hint!
h2ofowlr
State Moderator

Postby Skiptowns » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:28 am

I'm in the 'burbs east of Seattle and hunt the west side from the Nisqually to Anacortes
Skiptowns
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:10 pm

I am always willing to put a guy in the boat when I have an open seat. I hunt the Columbia River from Vancouver, Wa to the Coast and East to the Tri cities area. I have some guys who drive down from up north of you once the divers are in. If there is an open seat I am sure we can coordinate a pick up for some fuel sharing costs with the driver.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Madmooner » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:51 pm

Hi Dan,
I am a neophyte in the waterfowl game but always looking to have fun with like minded folks. I live down by Gig Harbor, hunt mostly upland, but tried killing ducks last year. They lived.

I'll shoot ya a PM.
Madmooner
hunter

Postby skagitduckwacker » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:12 pm

I am in Anacortes. If you are coming up this way send me a pm. I"ll bust a cap with ya. Too bad about your partner moving to Mexico. Poor guy. I used to fowl down there. 15 bird/day limit. No species specific limits. The only problem was that you can't possess more than 50 rounds of American ammo/gun with 2 guns max on your gun permit which had to be renewed every 90 days. But the shooting was amazing.
Duck dogs go to heaven too.
skagitduckwacker
hunter

Postby jennyfell55 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:25 pm

I'm always more than happy to go shoot some birds! One of the things I enjoy most with waterfowl hunting is meeting people that share the obsession and (hopefully!!) knocking down some birds with them! :thumbsup:
jennyfell55
hunter

Postby jmp_10 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:00 pm

I am willing to go out with someone who's more experienced. It'll be my first year and I have no idea where to begin, especially with Ridgefield being closed and all.

If anyone needs an extra hand and is willing to bring me along I can pitch gas money your way. PMs are welcome.

Thanks.
jmp_10
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting