Black River Wildlife Area

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, brokerbyduck, h2ofowlr, washingtonmuley

Black River Wildlife Area

Postby bluebiller » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:24 pm

I'm taking an early morning scouting trip on a Saturday in the next few weeks to Black River WLA northwest of Centralia/Chehalis. Per my issue of the Washington Atlas & Gazetteer (recommend this mapping to all of you), grouse, black bear, deer, pheasant, and waterfowl are all hunt-able.

I've seen some info on the WDFW website. Have any of our members tried hunting ducks/geese there and was it worth it? Is parking availability evident?

I'm thinking of grabbing the orange vest to hunt grouse down there while I'm scouting it out. If anyone's interested in meeting there to check it out with me, send a PM.
bluebiller

"decoyless, pass, jump, and sneak hunting ..... falling to earth and getting your face dirty"
bluebiller
hunter

Re: Black River Wildlife Area

Postby feetdowngunsup88 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:49 pm

Not much duck and goose activity at all in that area, decent coot numbers for the whole season
Can we please legalize the punt gun again... I can't hit anything on the water, let alone in the air
feetdowngunsup88
hunter

Postby Tool-Man » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:10 pm

feetdowngunsup88 wrote:Not much duck and goose activity at all in that area, decent coot numbers for the whole season

Coot? :grooving:
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.

Join WWA to save the sport. Ask me about it. http://www.waduck.org
Tool-Man
hunter

Postby feetdowngunsup88 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:18 pm

Tool-Man wrote:
feetdowngunsup88 wrote:Not much duck and goose activity at all in that area, decent coot numbers for the whole season

If you hunt that area I'm sure you will run into me, gotta put coot chili on the table :thumbsup:
Can we please legalize the punt gun again... I can't hit anything on the water, let alone in the air
feetdowngunsup88
hunter

Postby Tool-Man » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:08 pm

feetdowngunsup88 wrote:
Tool-Man wrote:

If you hunt that area I'm sure you will run into me, gotta put coot chili on the table :thumbsup:

May have already. :wink:
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.

Join WWA to save the sport. Ask me about it. http://www.waduck.org
Tool-Man
hunter

Re: Black River Wildlife Area and early goose season results

Postby bluebiller » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:20 pm

Doesn't appear to be worthwhile per our forum readers .... I'll probably scout elsewhere. I'm going to give a few phone calls to the WDFW management where I saw a few phone numbers to see what they may have to say about this area.

Meanwhile, first week of goose season was good to me and the spouse (she brings me a lot of luck!). As usual, we cleaned the geese from head to web feet and didn't toss anything away to the garbage bin except for a worn out glove with holes in it. Kept everything.
Attachments
Duck Chat2.JPG
Duck Chat1.JPG
bluebiller

"decoyless, pass, jump, and sneak hunting ..... falling to earth and getting your face dirty"
bluebiller
hunter

Postby bluebiller » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:00 pm

The date is wrong on the pictures. Just noticed. Camera needs updating! It's the first day of the early goose hunting of 2013. Certainly don't wish to get the perfectionists upset with me already ............
bluebiller

bluebiller
hunter

Postby feetdowngunsup88 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:22 pm

bluebiller wrote:Doesn't appear to be worthwhile per our forum readers .... I'll probably scout elsewhere. I'm going to give a few phone calls to the WDFW management where I saw a few phone numbers to see what they may have to say about this area.

Meanwhile, first week of goose season was good to me and the spouse (she brings me a lot of luck!). As usual, we cleaned the geese from head to web feet and didn't toss anything away to the garbage bin except for a worn out glove with holes in it. Kept everything.

Nice poached geese :rolleyes: didn't toss anything? Lol goose guts with a side of goose @$$ hole soup... Talk about sickening
feetdowngunsup88
hunter

Postby Cantshootwell » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:17 pm

feetdowngunsup88 wrote:
bluebiller wrote:Doesn't appear to be worthwhile per our forum readers .... I'll probably scout elsewhere. I'm going to give a few phone calls to the WDFW management where I saw a few phone numbers to see what they may have to say about this area.

Nice poached geese :rolleyes: didn't toss anything? Lol goose guts with a side of goose @$$ hole soup... Talk about sickening

BAD! no instigating!
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
Cantshootwell
hunter

Postby washingtonmuley » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:00 am

Cantshootwell wrote:
feetdowngunsup88 wrote:

BAD! no instigating!

He is up to his old self under new user name. Time to say Adios to feetdowngunsup88 again!!!!!!!
washingtonmuley
State Moderator

Postby johnsparks91b » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:33 pm

I'm going to be down in that area next week if anyone is around it would be nice to have another person
johnsparks91b
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting