Introduction

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, h2ofowlr, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck

Introduction

Postby kcidkcus » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:58 pm

Hey you guys, I'm new here on the forum. Just thought I would introduce myself, I currently live in the NE part of the state about 20 miles out of colville. I'm big into waterfowl deer and turkey, I may make a couple trips around the state this year just for the heck of it. Any of you guys around the colville area or pass through? Wouldn't mind trading hunts. The best time of the year is fast approaching :smile: have a great day guys :beer:
Shooting a spike is like getting it on with your step sister, you are glad you put some meat away but you don't brag it up to your friends.
kcidkcus
hunter

Re: Introduction

Postby h2ofowlr » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:07 pm

Welcome. I have been watching the ducks and geese move into the area. Great time of the year with lots of feed around. Should be a good one.
Cut Um!
Real ducks don't have a competition sequence they follow! Hint, hint!
h2ofowlr
State Moderator

Postby Shade » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:47 pm

I grew up in Colville and usually make a trip over there two or three times during the season. I know I will be over there on Veterans Day weekend and once more before that. 20 miles in which direction? And what kind of work did you find near Colville? That's some pretty country over there and the rivers often some great hunting and fishing opportunities. Welcome to the forum.
Shade,
Yard Buck pro-staff trainee
Shade
hunter

Postby eagles2069 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:01 am

I grew up in Colville also and still have a ton of family up there. I live in Spokane. I don't get that far north any more during the season. I should there are some cool places around. If you ever travel to Spokane I am sure we could set up a hunt together. I hunt solo a lot.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
eagles2069
hunter

Postby FeatherFanatic » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:40 pm

Im a log truck driver lately i been up there every day. Lol im in ellensburg area ish.
R.I.P Dusty miller
You can never have to much money, calls, guns or honey holes
FeatherFanatic
hunter

Postby kcidkcus » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:42 pm

FeatherFanatic wrote:Im a log truck driver lately i been up there every day. Lol im in ellensburg area ish.

I'm a retired driver, where you guys been loggin at? Buddy told me that they have been logging heavy west of colville. Shade im wsw of colville
Shooting a spike is like getting it on with your step sister, you are glad you put some meat away but you don't brag it up to your friends.
kcidkcus
hunter

Postby Shade » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:17 pm

You out the Addy-Gifford Rd then? Or maybe the Orin-Rice Rd? Some excellent Turkey hunting out that way. A few of the land owners on the river side of those mountains offer up season permits to access their land for a very reasonable fee. Look into it early and start scouting around the end of Duck Season. You should be fairly close to the Columbia as well so you'll get some good diver action pretty much all season. If you wanna go after geese that far north on the Big C... You'll have to do it early in the season. A lot of guys have taken the lazy way of driving their boats up river from rafts of geese and then killing the motor and letting the current take them down into the birds. The geese wise up to that pretty quick though and then tend to avoid the river as a loafing spot. They'll still roost out there, but during shooting hours they'll keep to the fields and smaller lakes.
Shade,
Yard Buck pro-staff trainee
Shade
hunter

Postby kcidkcus » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:39 am

Shade wrote:You out the Addy-Gifford Rd then? Or maybe the Orin-Rice Rd? Some excellent Turkey hunting out that way. A few of the land owners on the river side of those mountains offer up season permits to access their land for a very reasonable fee. Look into it early and start scouting around the end of Duck Season. You should be fairly close to the Columbia as well so you'll get some good diver action pretty much all season. If you wanna go after geese that far north on the Big C... You'll have to do it early in the season. A lot of guys have taken the lazy way of driving their boats up river from rafts of geese and then killing the motor and letting the current take them down into the birds. The geese wise up to that pretty quick though and then tend to avoid the river as a loafing spot. They'll still roost out there, but during shooting hours they'll keep to the fields and smaller lakes.

I Own quite a few acres in that area :wink: if you hunt turkeys over here may wanna change your plans.... The hatch was very poor this year and the birds that survived 72% of them were infected with blackhead dieseases. Local biologists said approximately 33.7% of the existing birds had passed this summer and only 29% of this years (lower then average) hatch have lived into the end of august. Sad but true... I have heard it all first hand. but Ive been chasing the geese over here for a lot of years and know how to shoot em from opening day untill the last day... I guess you could say ik the land a tiny bit :wink: as far as divers go........ upper Big C numbers are too low to bother with last couple years :yes:
kcidkcus
hunter

Postby northern hunter » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:46 am

Welcome, I live over a little east of you at Tiger near Ione, If I have an open spot this year I will send you a message maybe we can hookup. :smile:
northern hunter
hunter

Postby FeatherFanatic » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:16 pm

we are hauling out of Wenatchee right now, to the Boise Arden mill. I was up on the rez hauling most of aug. If it works out i wouldn't mind swapping a hunt with u. Its a bit of a drive between us though
R.I.P Dusty miller
FeatherFanatic
hunter

Postby kcidkcus » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:35 pm

FeatherFanatic wrote: we are hauling out of Wenatchee right now, to the Boise Arden mill. I was up on the rez hauling most of aug. If it works out i wouldn't mind swapping a hunt with u. Its a bit of a drive between us though

Right on thats cool. Why you guys hauling all that way to the Arden mill that seems like an awful long ways to be haulin timber
kcidkcus
hunter

Postby AnonymousDuck » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:30 pm

:welcome: To the forum
Nothing Runs Like a Lab...
SD/SHR, DixieBrit's Waterdog "Dream" Come True.
Member: Combat Veterans Waterfowl Association.

XIXΔ

All I got was a rock...!
AnonymousDuck
hunter

Postby Lost Fish » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:30 pm

:welcome:

Join WWA.

WIll be hunting Bridgeport area over Thanksgiving week.
Reb
Fish, Hunt, Coffee, and Beer! What more does a guy need!!!
NW WWA Best Parking Space
Retired Marine, Now living off the Goverment (Wife's) Tit!!!
Lost Fish
hunter

Postby FeatherFanatic » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:11 am

They are willing to pay 37 bucks a ton i dont question it lol i think tgey are tge only ones wanting small pine
R.I.P Dusty miller
FeatherFanatic
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting