Post office shortage

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, brokerbyduck, washingtonmuley, h2ofowlr

Post office shortage

Postby Shade » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:58 pm

FYI:

I was at the post office picking up my 2nd Duck Stamp the other day, and they let me know they were running low. When I asked if that was normal for that station they said, "No, but it's not just our branch. All Post Offices got less than they did last year by about half." They didn't know if there were too many printed last year or what, but the moral of the story is that if you haven't bought yours yet.... Better get it done.
Shade,
Yard Buck pro-staff trainee
Shade
hunter

Re: Post office shortage

Postby kcidkcus » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:59 pm

Glad I already purchased mine, how come you were picking up a second one?
Shooting a spike is like getting it on with your step sister, you are glad you put some meat away but you don't brag it up to your friends.
kcidkcus
hunter

Postby h2ofowlr » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:06 pm

I purchased two as well. One for my license and one for my collection.
h2ofowlr
State Moderator

Postby Shade » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:41 pm

kcidkcus wrote:Glad I already purchased mine, how come you were picking up a second one?

Picked one up when I found out I had to cancel my mule deer hunting trip (scheduled for Sept. 14-17th) so I could participate in early goose. Didn't really get to hunt geese either, so I didn't peel the stamp and stick it on the license because I hadn't purchased the "Migratory Bird Authorization" that allows me to hunt Brant, Snows, and Sea Ducks yet. I knew that once I bought that, they would print me a whole new license and then I would have to carry around both licenses (the old one with the stamp and the new one with the Auth) all season. So I was just waiting to get the new one and stick it one there. And somehow I lost the damn thing. Oh well, an extra $15 didn't kill me and if I find it, I may start a collection.
Shade,
Yard Buck pro-staff trainee
Shade
hunter

Postby Cougar125 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:50 am

I've been slowly working on a collection starting the year I was born. Ebay has been a great tool in helping me do this. I'm going to start one for my daughter as well even though she may never pick up hunting (she lives with her mom), but I will have it none the less.
There are no ducks in the desert!
Cougar125
hunter

Postby BigBlondeBirdDog » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:06 pm

Nice little "lockdown" yesterday and today Shade, so OT is coming in droves ... Haven't had time to stop and deposit, but I will, sorry once again for the delay. Gotta love a 21 man brawl

Gonna pick up another here soon, starting my collection of unsigned last year ... and probably will buy 2 from here on out.
: Waterfowl Junkie & Host of "Pacific Flyway Radio"

Ragged Outdoors Pro Staff Drinking Team
Killians Irish Red Pro Staff Drinking Team
Famous Dave's BBQ Rib Tip Platter Phat Boy Team
BigBlondeBirdDog
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting