started gun dog black lab for sale

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, washingtonmuley, h2ofowlr, brokerbyduck

started gun dog black lab for sale

Postby alindsey1237 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:13 pm

I have a black lab for sale. he turned one year in may. we are in Canada at the moment hunting over him and his brother for duck dog waterfowl's tv show. He has picked up approximately 250 birds so far and will continue to hunt him until someone purchases him. he has a high drive steady as a rock marks extremely well for his limited experience hunting. he has done a couple 250 yard blinds up here already as well. he is properly e-collar conditioned, force fetched, forced to pile, single and double T, pattern blinds, and no no drills. he has the ability to be a great hunt test dog or an awesome meat dog. he is well behaved around the house and a very loving dog.

I'm asking $5000 OBO. I'm offering to spend time with you and Kazi to teach you how to handle him if need be as well as next August will tune him up for your next hunting season as well.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Field Staff- Muddy Water Camo
Dog handler/trainer- Duck Dog Waterfowl tv
User avatar
alindsey1237
hunter
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:16 pm
Location: Port Orchard


Re: started gun dog black lab for sale

Postby alindsey1237 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:41 pm

a quick pic after todays hunt.

Image
Field Staff- Muddy Water Camo
Dog handler/trainer- Duck Dog Waterfowl tv
User avatar
alindsey1237
hunter
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:16 pm
Location: Port Orchard

Re: started gun dog black lab for sale

Postby Cantshootwell » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:08 pm

I generally hate dogs but I must say, that is one fine looking animal.
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
User avatar
Cantshootwell
hunter
 
Posts: 396
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:13 pm

Re: started gun dog black lab for sale

Postby kcidkcus » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:32 pm

Cantshootwell wrote: I must say, that is one fine looking animal.

Sometimes you freak me out a little O.o
Shooting a spike is like getting it on with your step sister, you are glad you put some meat away but you don't brag it up to your friends.
kcidkcus
hunter
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:06 pm

Re: started gun dog black lab for sale

Postby Cantshootwell » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:21 pm

new account ed?
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
User avatar
Cantshootwell
hunter
 
Posts: 396
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:13 pm

Re: started gun dog black lab for sale

Postby kcidkcus » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:54 am

:huh: no my name is Dave
Shooting a spike is like getting it on with your step sister, you are glad you put some meat away but you don't brag it up to your friends.
kcidkcus
hunter
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:06 pm

Re: started gun dog black lab for sale

Postby AnonymousDuck » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:29 pm

$5000.00 :lol: ? LMAO Before you ask for numbers like that you might want to put up a pedigree.
Nothing Runs Like a Lab...
SD/SHR, DixieBrit's Waterdog "Dream" Come True.
Member: Combat Veterans Waterfowl Association.

XIXΔ

All I got was a rock...!
User avatar
AnonymousDuck
hunter
 
Posts: 536
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:31 pm
Location: Elk

Re: started gun dog black lab for sale

Postby benchmark » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:27 am

rlvallee wrote:$5000.00 :lol: ? LMAO Before you ask for numbers like that you might want to put up a pedigree.

For what he's got into that dog in terms of time and $$, what he is asking is cheap, especially for such a young dog. Who needs to see a pedigree? Unless you're just looking to breed. If I were in a position to get a dog right now, I'd be all over that.
benchmark
hunter
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:31 pm

Re: started gun dog black lab for sale

Postby Cantshootwell » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:52 am

^
A well trained dog is worth that much money. I've only hunted with one dog that was well trained and that was at the vet day goose hunt last year. Every other "trained" dog I've hunted with in the past has been far from trained and more of a headache than a help.
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
User avatar
Cantshootwell
hunter
 
Posts: 396
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:13 pm

Re: started gun dog black lab for sale

Postby AnonymousDuck » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:06 pm

Well Josh, I don't think you've been around "a lot of really good trained dogs". Yes a dog can go for a lot of money, but when someone puts up figures like that, they need to put a little more out there if they want a bite. And, why pay that much money when you can train your own dog? Just a thought.
Nothing Runs Like a Lab...
SD/SHR, DixieBrit's Waterdog "Dream" Come True.
Member: Combat Veterans Waterfowl Association.

XIXΔ

All I got was a rock...!
User avatar
AnonymousDuck
hunter
 
Posts: 536
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:31 pm
Location: Elk

Re: started gun dog black lab for sale

Postby AnonymousDuck » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:11 pm

benchmark wrote:
rlvallee wrote:$5000.00 :lol: ? LMAO Before you ask for numbers like that you might want to put up a pedigree.

For what he's got into that dog in terms of time and $$, what he is asking is cheap, especially for such a young dog. Who needs to see a pedigree? Unless you're just looking to breed. If I were in a position to get a dog right now, I'd be all over that.


You NEED to see a pedigree to assure the dog is not line bread and to be sure he comes from healthy parents along with health clearances. Breeding is another thing altogether. Someone wants to spend that kind of money on a dog and not care about the dogs back ground, go for it.
Nothing Runs Like a Lab...
SD/SHR, DixieBrit's Waterdog "Dream" Come True.
Member: Combat Veterans Waterfowl Association.

XIXΔ

All I got was a rock...!
User avatar
AnonymousDuck
hunter
 
Posts: 536
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:31 pm
Location: Elk

Re: started gun dog black lab for sale

Postby Cantshootwell » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:14 pm

rlvallee wrote:Well Josh, I don't think you've been around "a lot of really good trained dogs". Yes a dog can go for a lot of money, but when someone puts up figures like that, they need to put a little more out there if they want a bite. And, why pay that much money when you can train your own dog? Just a thought.



You quoted something I didn't say... I'd never use such poor grammar, sir.
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
User avatar
Cantshootwell
hunter
 
Posts: 396
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:13 pm

Re: started gun dog black lab for sale

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:31 am

I have to agree that I would never drop $5,000 on a dog without the proper health certifications and bonafides from the parents. If that dog is a true started dog with all that it means and performs to that level the dog is worth $5,000. I know what is cost me to get Bella there on my own and it isn't cheap.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
User avatar
ScaupHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 6641
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am

Re: started gun dog black lab for sale

Postby alindsey1237 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:10 am

he is out of long hollow retriever's Delta and Magic. here are links to their pedigree's. I have the paperwork to back it up too. 5000 is the right price for this dog. I'm just trying to recoup a little money from the time and effort I have put into him.

Delta
http://www.longhollowretrievers.com/delta.htm

Magic'
http://www.longhollowretrievers.com/magic.htm
Field Staff- Muddy Water Camo
Dog handler/trainer- Duck Dog Waterfowl tv
User avatar
alindsey1237
hunter
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:16 pm
Location: Port Orchard

Re: started gun dog black lab for sale

Postby ctwiggs1 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:25 pm

I have a firm "no dog worth more than my farm truck" policy.

Beautiful lab though.
User avatar
ctwiggs1
hunter
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:46 am

Re: started gun dog black lab for sale

Postby h2ofowlr » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:13 pm

My buddy has a puppy from the same breeders. He is in over $2k in just training costs so far through Conway Kennels, not counting the cost of the dog. I believe the dog is only 7-8 months old at this time. It doesn't take to long to wrap a lot of money into a dog. If you know how to train and have the time, you can save a lot of money. But it costs you on the time aspect.
Cut Um!
Real ducks don't have a competition sequence they follow! Hint, hint!
User avatar
h2ofowlr
State Moderator
 
Posts: 1852
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:25 pm
Location: In the traffic zone!

Re: started gun dog black lab for sale

Postby Triggerman » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:33 pm

Cantshootwell wrote:
rlvallee wrote:Well Josh, I don't think you've been around "a lot of really good trained dogs". Yes a dog can go for a lot of money, but when someone puts up figures like that, they need to put a little more out there if they want a bite. And, why pay that much money when you can train your own dog? Just a thought.



You quoted something I didn't say... I'd never use such poor grammar, sir.



Would you please point out what is wrong with his grammar?

I'd like to know. I am still learning your language, and i failed miserably to see any problems with his statement.

It will be much appreciated, professor.
SHOW ME YOUR WWA MEMBERSHIP CARD, OR YOU'RE SWIMMING BACK TO THE BOAT LAUNCH!!!
Triggerman
hunter
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:07 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: started gun dog black lab for sale

Postby Cantshootwell » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:19 pm

Triggerman wrote:
Cantshootwell wrote:
rlvallee wrote:Well Josh, I don't think you've been around "a lot of really good trained dogs". Yes a dog can go for a lot of money, but when someone puts up figures like that, they need to put a little more out there if they want a bite. And, why pay that much money when you can train your own dog? Just a thought.



You quoted something I didn't say... I'd never use such poor grammar, sir.



Would you please point out what is wrong with his grammar?

I'd like to know. I am still learning your language, and i failed miserably to see any problems with his statement.

It will be much appreciated, professor.


"A lot of really good trained dogs" It should be "a lot of well trained dogs".
~Professor Cantshootwell
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
User avatar
Cantshootwell
hunter
 
Posts: 396
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:13 pm

Re: started gun dog black lab for sale

Postby AnonymousDuck » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:48 am

Cantshootwell wrote:
Triggerman wrote:
Cantshootwell wrote:
rlvallee wrote:Well Josh, I don't think you've been around "a lot of really good trained dogs". Yes a dog can go for a lot of money, but when someone puts up figures like that, they need to put a little more out there if they want a bite. And, why pay that much money when you can train your own dog? Just a thought.



You quoted something I didn't say... I'd never use such poor grammar, sir.



Would you please point out what is wrong with his grammar?

I'd like to know. I am still learning your language, and i failed miserably to see any problems with his statement.

It will be much appreciated, professor.



"A lot of really good trained dogs" It should be "a lot of well trained dogs".
~Professor Cantshootwell


I'm from the south so I don't really care much, I write the way I talk, sometimes better lol. Josh would be happy if he could get a cat to retrieve :lol: ain't that right Professor? You know it's all good fun.
Nothing Runs Like a Lab...
SD/SHR, DixieBrit's Waterdog "Dream" Come True.
Member: Combat Veterans Waterfowl Association.

XIXΔ

All I got was a rock...!
User avatar
AnonymousDuck
hunter
 
Posts: 536
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:31 pm
Location: Elk

Re: started gun dog black lab for sale

Postby Cantshootwell » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:24 am

If my cat could retrieve in a timely manner, then yes, I would.
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
User avatar
Cantshootwell
hunter
 
Posts: 396
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:13 pm

Re: started gun dog black lab for sale

Postby Madmooner » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:44 pm

That dog looks familiar..

Did I meet you at Seven Seas in Gig a couple of months ago? Having a beer on the patio?

Good luck with the sale, good lookin' dog.
Madmooner
hunter
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:14 pm
Location: Hooter Hollow on the wet side of WA.

Re: started gun dog black lab for sale

Postby brokerbyduck » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:55 pm

How about posting up a video of that nice looking dog in action? I'd like to see what a $5,000 dog can do.
I'm not saying he's not worth it, I'd just like to see what makes him worth so much.
"To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems." Homer Simpson
Beware the ghetto lean!
User avatar
brokerbyduck
State Moderator
 
Posts: 831
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:29 pm
Location: Behind the gun in Richland

Re: started gun dog black lab for sale

Postby AnonymousDuck » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:29 pm

brokerbyduck wrote:How about posting up a video of that nice looking dog in action? I'd like to see what a $5,000 dog can do.
I'm not saying he's not worth it, I'd just like to see what makes him worth so much.

That's a really great idea. Might help with the sale.
Nothing Runs Like a Lab...
SD/SHR, DixieBrit's Waterdog "Dream" Come True.
Member: Combat Veterans Waterfowl Association.

XIXΔ

All I got was a rock...!
User avatar
AnonymousDuck
hunter
 
Posts: 536
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:31 pm
Location: Elk

Re: started gun dog black lab for sale

Postby benchmark » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:26 pm

rlvallee wrote:
benchmark wrote:
rlvallee wrote:$5000.00 :lol: ? LMAO Before you ask for numbers like that you might want to put up a pedigree.

For what he's got into that dog in terms of time and $$, what he is asking is cheap, especially for such a young dog. Who needs to see a pedigree? Unless you're just looking to breed. If I were in a position to get a dog right now, I'd be all over that.


You NEED to see a pedigree to assure the dog is not line bread and to be sure he comes from healthy parents along with health clearances. Breeding is another thing altogether. Someone wants to spend that kind of money on a dog and not care about the dogs back ground, go for it.


Actually, line breeding can be a positive thing, unless it is taken to the extreme and crosses into inbreeding territory. There's a difference. Line breeding can be a good tool for locking in desirable traits. But, it can also lock in negative traits, so one needs to really know what they are working with. That is why certain health checks are so important.

The reason I stated that knowing this dog's pedigree is not as important unless you plan to use the dog for future breeding is because 1) the dog's demonstrated performance as a gun dog is what is being offered for sale here and trainability speaks volumes as to the dog's temperament and suitability for that purpose, and 2) the dog is old enough to have hips, eyes, and other potentially heritable disorders confirmed to not exist. Unless you have personal knowledge about the genetic history behind a line of dog's, looking at the pedigree will not tell you as much as items 1 and 2. If you think otherwise and want to spend $5,000 on a dog based on that piece of paper, you may be very sorry.

In my 30 + years of breeding, training, showing, and competing with dog's I've learned that one can only put so much stock in a pedigree.
benchmark
hunter
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:31 pm

Re: started gun dog black lab for sale

Postby alindsey1237 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:18 am

SOLD...

keep an eye out for season 3 of duck dog waterfowl. You can see Kazi run in a couple of the first episodes while we tear up alberta, canada. I have no idea how to edit footage of the dog and I don't want to pester our editor for clips of my dog. wait until you see my yellow work. then you can see what a 10k dog runs like.
Field Staff- Muddy Water Camo
Dog handler/trainer- Duck Dog Waterfowl tv
User avatar
alindsey1237
hunter
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:16 pm
Location: Port Orchard

Next

Return to Washington Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests