started gun dog black lab for sale

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, washingtonmuley, h2ofowlr, brokerbyduck

Re: started gun dog black lab for sale

Postby alindsey1237 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:26 am

benchmark I appreciate your support. I would agree with most what you said. I would also add onto the pedigree portion that picking your pup from a litter is a crap shoot as well. My yellow lab Diesel was the last dog out of a litter that no one wanted. He was the big slow dopey docile pup. he was birdy as all get out though. all through training he was lazy and didn't show much enthusiasm for it. after his first hunt though a switch was flipped. now that dog has a huge drive not only for hunting (consistently doing 400 yard blinds, retrieving multiple marks at a full sprint, chasing a cripple goose 400 yards to catch out of the air, only seen once but impressive none the least) his desire to train now is just as intense. bring him home though and he's that same docile big dopey pup I fell in love with.
Field Staff- Muddy Water Camo
Dog handler/trainer- Duck Dog Waterfowl tv
alindsey1237
hunter

Postby AnonymousDuck » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:53 pm

benchmark wrote:
rlvallee wrote:
benchmark wrote:
rlvallee wrote:$5000.00 :lol: ? LMAO Before you ask for numbers like that you might want to put up a pedigree.

For what he's got into that dog in terms of time and $$, what he is asking is cheap, especially for such a young dog. Who needs to see a pedigree? Unless you're just looking to breed. If I were in a position to get a dog right now, I'd be all over that.

You NEED to see a pedigree to assure the dog is not line bread and to be sure he comes from healthy parents along with health clearances. Breeding is another thing altogether. Someone wants to spend that kind of money on a dog and not care about the dogs back ground, go for it.

Actually, line breeding can be a positive thing, unless it is taken to the extreme and crosses into inbreeding territory. There's a difference. Line breeding can be a good tool for locking in desirable traits. But, it can also lock in negative traits, so one needs to really know what they are working with. That is why certain health checks are so important.

The reason I stated that knowing this dog's pedigree is not as important unless you plan to use the dog for future breeding is because 1) the dog's demonstrated performance as a gun dog is what is being offered for sale here and trainability speaks volumes as to the dog's temperament and suitability for that purpose, and 2) the dog is old enough to have hips, eyes, and other potentially heritable disorders confirmed to not exist. Unless you have personal knowledge about the genetic history behind a line of dog's, looking at the pedigree will not tell you as much as items 1 and 2. If you think otherwise and want to spend $5,000 on a dog based on that piece of paper, you may be very sorry.

In my 30 + years of breeding, training, showing, and competing with dog's I've learned that one can only put so much stock in a pedigree.

Going to have to disagree with your opinion that line breeding can be a good thing in some situations. There is in my opinion "no" good reason to line breed. That's just breeder speak. Pedigree is not the end all be all of deciding to buy a dog but does help in researching what a dog(s) has and haven't done and to take a look at the parents. More importantly are health clearances. I'm certain a lot of guys can be sold based on how good the salesman is. I'm also sure you'll get what you're asking for the dog given the "I want it now and the work done for me" attitude. I could take a puppy and do the OB, CC, FF and get it an SHR title and charge $5000.00 but I would have look that person in the eye, knowing I would be taking advantage of them, but that's me. If someone wants to throw that kind if money down on a dog, cool, bully for you. Good luck with your pup.
Nothing Runs Like a Lab...
SD/SHR, DixieBrit's Waterdog "Dream" Come True.
Member: Combat Veterans Waterfowl Association.

XIXΔ

All I got was a rock...!
AnonymousDuck
hunter

Postby brokerbyduck » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:30 am

alindsey1237 wrote:benchmark I appreciate your support. I would agree with most what you said. I would also add onto the pedigree portion that picking your pup from a litter is a crap shoot as well. My yellow lab Diesel was the last dog out of a litter that no one wanted. He was the big slow dopey docile pup. he was birdy as all get out though. all through training he was lazy and didn't show much enthusiasm for it. after his first hunt though a switch was flipped. now that dog has a huge drive not only for hunting (consistently doing 400 yard blinds, retrieving multiple marks at a full sprint, chasing a cripple goose 400 yards to catch out of the air, only seen once but impressive none the least) his desire to train now is just as intense. bring him home though and he's that same docile big dopey pup I fell in love with.

Maybe a few more rounds at the skeet range and a few less photo ops for your fake "hunting" show and your dog wouldn't have to do 400 yard blinds?

I try to keep it positive here but you are full of shizz. Post up a video of your $5,000 and $10,000 hunting machines or go peddle your bs on some other forum. Make sure we see some footage of your black hoodie and barrel sticker too duck hero.
"To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems." Homer Simpson
Beware the ghetto lean!
brokerbyduck
State Moderator

Postby Cantshootwell » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:08 pm

alindsey1237 wrote:SOLD...

keep an eye out for season 3 of duck dog waterfowl. You can see Kazi run in a couple of the first episodes while we tear up alberta, canada. I have no idea how to edit footage of the dog and I don't want to pester our editor for clips of my dog. wait until you see my yellow work. then you can see what a 10k dog runs like.

Psst, the "SOLD" means everyone who said anything negative can shove it.
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
Cantshootwell
hunter

Postby kcidkcus » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:52 am

Looks like this got ugly LOL where can I get my duck dog waterfowl barrel stickers, black hoodie, and 10k dollar dog?! :lol:
Shooting a spike is like getting it on with your step sister, you are glad you put some meat away but you don't brag it up to your friends.
kcidkcus
hunter

Postby AnonymousDuck » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:00 pm

Sucker born everyday
Nothing Runs Like a Lab...
SD/SHR, DixieBrit's Waterdog "Dream" Come True.
Member: Combat Veterans Waterfowl Association.

XIXΔ

All I got was a rock...!
AnonymousDuck
hunter

Previous

Return to Washington Duck Hunting