Burbank

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck, h2ofowlr

Burbank

Postby BossGander » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:08 pm

Just want some clarification, if the crazy people in DC don't get this government shut down figured out by Friday the entire eastern shoreline of the columbia river from the snake river to the walla walla would be shut down? Sure glad the feds took all that land over. :mad:
BossGander
hunter

Re: Burbank

Postby kcidkcus » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:29 pm

Honestly would rather have the Feds in control of it then locked up with posted signs as far as the eye can see. And it is already shutdown, but if things get figured out before the season starts it will open back up.
Shooting a spike is like getting it on with your step sister, you are glad you put some meat away but you don't brag it up to your friends.
kcidkcus
hunter

Postby Token » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:54 pm

Well to clarify a little bit, if the Feds are still on lockdown, the Columbia river will basically be closed from Crowe Butte State Park to above Ringold. This includes Burbank, McNary and even the Finley side since the Corps of Engineers are included in the shut down.
Token
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Tealer » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:28 pm

Token wrote:Well to clarify a little bit, if the Feds are still on lockdown, the Columbia river will basically be closed from Crowe Butte State Park to above Ringold. This includes Burbank, McNary and even the Finley side since the Corps of Engineers are included in the shut down.

Only if your on shore.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby Cougar125 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:34 pm

Tealer wrote:
Token wrote:Well to clarify a little bit, if the Feds are still on lockdown, the Columbia river will basically be closed from Crowe Butte State Park to above Ringold. This includes Burbank, McNary and even the Finley side since the Corps of Engineers are included in the shut down.

Only if your on shore.

:thumbsup:
There are no ducks in the desert!
Cougar125
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:02 am

Exactly. The state owns the water and land to the mean high water mark. Technically you can hunt on land if it is dry and below mean high water. The fed has no control of it. They will still try to ticket you for it even though that is an illegal act on their part.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby BossGander » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:01 am

A buddy of mine talked to a state game warden yesterday and was told they will be patroling the area and ticketing for trespassing. Enter at you own risk.
BossGander
hunter

Postby Token » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:40 am

Tealer wrote:

Only if your on shore.

Let me know what the judge says...
Token
Forum & State Moderator

Postby kcidkcus » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:05 am

Token wrote:
Tealer wrote:

Only if your on shore.

Let me know what the judge says...

X2 I would rather not risk anything for some birds
Shooting a spike is like getting it on with your step sister, you are glad you put some meat away but you don't brag it up to your friends.
kcidkcus
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:21 pm

This isn't about the birds kid. It is about exerting your rights as a citizen and forcing the Fed to shove it when they are out of line. That attitude is exactly why Obummer and his drones think they can get away with this kind of behavior.

If I lived up there I would be out hunting that section of the river every day I had open. The Federal government does not own the water or land below the mean high water mark in any part of the State of Washington. The State GW cannot enforce a federal closure that does not legally apply to state owned waters. If he tries you need to contact the State Attorney General and work down from there through the food chain. This is about who has power in this nation, the politician or the people. The people need to tell the Fed to go straight to hell and use their land and waters as is their right.

You have a choice here. Either roll over and be the problem or stand up and fight.

I for one will be screwing with the federal game wardens in my area all weekend. I have it planned out in depth. I confirmed with my attorney they can't do anything about it. My attorney told me to hope and hope and pray they arrest me or take my equipment. Early retirement will become a reality for me if that happens. He also told me to use my phone and video every interaction, as well as GPS'ing every location I am in while screwing with them at every opportunity.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby cackiller » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:03 pm

Scaup

I for one would definitely like an update on how things go for you! :thumbsup:
cackiller
hunter

Postby Chugwater » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:15 pm

I'm with Scaup on this one, I totally agree!
Chugwater
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:22 pm

It will go quite well. They key is planning and having the language of the law in hand. My attorney verified my documentation was full and accurate and prepped me with what to say to the wardens. Now mind I will be very careful to stay on state controlled propery, and not hunt on federal lands here. The key is to get the federal or state game wardens to cross the line of their authority. Once they step over the bounds of their authority.

The key is having a lawyer who understands all this and can back it up in court. The judge will always side with a cop which sets the court up for failure and eventual individual suits against the judge. Our system has been tilted to assume you are guilty until proven innocent. That is a direct violation of your individual rights. Again, easily beatable with the right lawyer. I for one am very willing to spend the time and money to tell them to shove it! I didn't fight in Iraq to come home and have some piss ant bureaucrat tell me I cant use what is mine. If everyone simple went about their business and stood together to tell them to go to hell, the entire thing would stop. It is called civil disobedience, which is a true American tradition. It started with the Tea Party in Boston Harbor. Time for another party if you ask me!

I plan to make to keep the GW's very busy until the closure ends. If they are going to get paid to keep us off federal lands instead of being paid to allow us to hunt, I will be making sure they are very busy earning their pay.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Token » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:10 pm

Might as well go hunt right off Badger island if it's state water!
Token
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Tealer » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:23 pm

Token wrote:Might as well go hunt right off Badger island if it's state water!

Except I think in that case it specifies how many feet you must be from it.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Return to Washington Duck Hunting