All I have to say is WOW

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, h2ofowlr, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck

All I have to say is WOW

Postby kcidkcus » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:24 pm

So I'm cruising along on Facebook... And I see a long line of birds, posting says 3 man limit today! So I get to looking at it noticing it seems like a lot of brown... Then I click on it and it's 14 hen pintails, one sprig, 5 greenheads and one suzy. WOW what a group of idiots. I'm thinking I might turn wdfw onto those group of guys for their plain stupidity! It's not just an accidental double... It was intentionally shooting that many. If I was a wdfw officer I wouldn't be able to keep up with the lists of violations people are proud enough to post online! Should I turn these clowns into the wdfw? Would they be able to do anything? Im not looking to gain anything and I don't wanna rat anyone out... But that many birds over is bs and has got me heated. These morons make me sick :fingerhead:
Shooting a spike is like getting it on with your step sister, you are glad you put some meat away but you don't brag it up to your friends.
kcidkcus
hunter

Re: All I have to say is WOW

Postby B.E.Nelli » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:29 pm

Hell yeah turn em in! That's a blatant disregard of the laws, not accidental. And then to put it on FB is a slap in the face to those who do follow the rules.
B.E.Nelli
hunter

Postby johnsparks91b » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:06 am

hell ya turn'em in thats stupid and harmful...... plus they want to brag let them get the attention they wanted haha
johnsparks91b
hunter

Postby Meatss » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:44 am

Post the picture or a link so we can all have a good laugh :lol3:
Lord forgive me for I shoot hens.
Meatss
hunter

Postby viking fan » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:45 am

be sure they posted pics of washington. if it was alberta or other parts of canada they may have been legal.
viking fan
hunter

Postby Meatss » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:05 am

viking fan wrote:be sure they posted pics of washington. if it was alberta or other parts of canada they may have been legal.

Good point.

Meatss
hunter

Postby kcidkcus » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:14 am

viking fan wrote:be sure they posted pics of washington. if it was alberta or other parts of canada they may have been legal.

Yes they were all shot within 5 miles of my house. I actually go to the same college as the person that was involved and went to the same high school as well. And he was involved with a nighttime spotlight deer shooting out of season but wasnt proven because he got away from the landowner and his buddy that got caught didn't rat on him. Ik the guy personally but we are FAR from being friends. As far as the pic he deleted the three man limit but I saved the one him and his buddy took with all the illegal birds. That will be posted shortly.
Shooting a spike is like getting it on with your step sister, you are glad you put some meat away but you don't brag it up to your friends.
kcidkcus
hunter

Postby kcidkcus » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:13 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382296395.206075.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382296410.721991.jpg
kcidkcus
hunter

Postby kcidkcus » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:14 pm

Just uploaded the pics from the 2 non law abiding hunters... Makes me sick
kcidkcus
hunter

Postby jennyfell55 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:12 pm

I want to be clear I am NOT trying to debate or discredit, I just have a question. Looking at the pics, a few of the Pintails look like they have blue streaks on their bills (and at least one has what looks like faint male markings coming in on the head). Are those not eclipse or immature males? I thought females had flat black bills. I'm still pretty new to duck hunting and I shot an immature/eclipse male on opening day, so if females can look so similar I'd like to know how to ID them :smile: Regardless, they are WAY over the limit on Pintail and a call should be made! To shoot that many Pinnies and then brag about it shows they don't care one bit about the TWO Pintail you're allowed per person. TWO!!! Not 5 per person :mad:
jennyfell55
hunter

Postby kcidkcus » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:47 pm

jennyfell55 wrote:I want to be clear I am NOT trying to debate or discredit, I just have a question. Looking at the pics, a few of the Pintails look like they have blue streaks on their bills (and at least one has what looks like faint male markings coming in on the head). Are those not eclipse or immature males? I thought females had flat black bills. I'm still pretty new to duck hunting and I shot an immature/eclipse male on opening day, so if females can look so similar I'd like to know how to ID them :smile: Regardless, they are WAY over the limit on Pintail and a call should be made! To shoot that many Pinnies and then brag about it shows they don't care one bit about the TWO Pintail you're allowed per person. TWO!!! Not 5 per person :mad:

I could very well be wrong ID ing them, I live on the east side and pintails are very few and far between. But I'm fairly sure they are hens and the drake is the white ish colored of them. All of our ducks in my area have been in full plumage for about 3 weeks give or take... But these could be an exception, I'm not an expert so idk. Either way the limit is 2 pintail drake or hen, and these jackasses are WAY over.
kcidkcus
hunter

Postby jennyfell55 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:00 pm

kcidkcus wrote: Either way the limit is 2 pintail drake or hen, and these jackasses are WAY over.

Couldn't agree more! I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something identifying drake from hen, but regardless of gender 15 Pintail is 9 more than they should have for 3 people! :mad: Call em in!
jennyfell55
hunter

Postby kcidkcus » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:34 pm

jennyfell55 wrote:
kcidkcus wrote: Either way the limit is 2 pintail drake or hen, and these jackasses are WAY over.

Couldn't agree more! I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something identifying drake from hen, but regardless of gender 15 Pintail is 9 more than they should have for 3 people! :mad: Call em in!

When people shoot over the limit intentionally it doesn't just harm us in our area, or Washington, but the entire flyway!
kcidkcus
hunter

Postby jennyfell55 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:48 pm

kcidkcus wrote:
jennyfell55 wrote:

When people shoot over the limit intentionally it doesn't just harm us in our area, or Washington, but the entire flyway!

Couldn't have said it better myself
jennyfell55
hunter

Postby Cougar125 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:48 pm

I see 7 pintail in the first picture and 9 in the second.
There are no ducks in the desert!
Cougar125
hunter

Postby jennyfell55 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:54 pm

Cougar125 wrote:I see 7 pintail in the first picture and 9 in the second.

That's what I counted too. I'm assuming it's because of this -
kcidkcus wrote:As far as the pic he deleted the three man limit but I saved the one him and his buddy took with all the illegal birds. That will be posted shortly.

It's hard to tell if all 7 in the first pic are the same as the 9 from the second, but either way 9 is more than the 2 allowed per person. I'm giving kcidkcus the benefit of the doubt on the 15 number, because I'm not the one that saw the pic that got removed from Facebook
jennyfell55
hunter

Postby Tealer » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:05 pm

Hard to tell on my phone but it kinda looks like a couple Gaddies in there?
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby Cougar125 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:09 pm

Tealer wrote:Hard to tell on my phone but it kinda looks like a couple Gaddies in there?

No yellow feet.
There are no ducks in the desert!
Cougar125
hunter

Postby Tealer » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:32 pm

Cougar125 wrote:
Tealer wrote:Hard to tell on my phone but it kinda looks like a couple Gaddies in there?

No yellow feet.

Ah I cant see feet on the phone.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby kcidkcus » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:40 pm

In the second there appears to be 10 pintails, unless I am miss ID ing the male pintail to the right. Funny thing is I had been invited on this hunt but refused because of there severe poaching history
kcidkcus
hunter

Postby kcidkcus » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:43 pm

jennyfell55 wrote:

That's what I counted too. I'm assuming it's because of this -
kcidkcus wrote:As far as the pic he deleted the three man limit but I saved the one him and his buddy took with all the illegal birds. That will be posted shortly.

It's hard to tell if all 7 in the first pic are the same as the 9 from the second, but either way 9 is more than the 2 allowed per person. I'm giving kcidkcus the benefit of the doubt on the 15 number, because I'm not the one that saw the pic that got removed from Facebook

I could be incorrect on my ID ing, but even for 3 guys 9 obvious pintails is way over the limit and not accidental.
kcidkcus
hunter

Postby Meatss » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:43 pm

Pic 2 is 10 pintail, 3 mallard drakes and 1 suzie.

Meatss
hunter

Postby jennyfell55 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:44 pm

kcidkcus wrote:

In the second there appears to be 10 pintails, unless I am miss ID ing the male pintail to the right. Funny thing is I had been invited on this hunt but refused because of there severe poaching history

Whoops you're right! That's what I get for counting too fast!

kcidkcus wrote:I could be incorrect on my ID ing, but even for 3 guys 9 obvious pintails is way over the limit and not accidental.

Absolutely correct! 10 is not an accidental one over the limit. Not to mention if you do accidentally shoot one more than you're supposed to, why would you post it for all to see? All three guys did not "accidentally" shoot over the limit. They just didn't care.
Last edited by jennyfell55 on Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jennyfell55
hunter

Postby Tealer » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:46 pm

kcidkcus wrote:

You hang with the wrong crowd. Id let a guy pass on one bad ID but 10 in a day? NO SIR.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby AKPirate » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:46 pm

So what happened to these guys?
AKPirate
hunter

Next

Return to Washington Duck Hunting