Coyote questions.

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, washingtonmuley, h2ofowlr, brokerbyduck

Coyote questions.

Postby bknilvr00 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:26 am

Well unfortunately last night, we lost a goose. Coyotes got her. We dunno if she wandered out of her pen or if they got into the pen and snagged her. I'm currently working on all the fences and gates and wondering when the coyotes will return. Will they be back the night of for a second goose? Got a possum, some raccoons, and a few coyotes on my trail camera at the back of our property. It's gna get a little loud around here....

Sent from my space modulator.
bknilvr00
hunter

Re: Coyote questions.

Postby kcidkcus » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:21 pm

Just make sure you don't use a spotlight while hunting coyotes and other predators while there is a big game season open. Oh and kill em all :thumbsup:
Shooting a spike is like getting it on with your step sister, you are glad you put some meat away but you don't brag it up to your friends.
kcidkcus
hunter

Postby Tealer » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:04 pm

Motion lights, when they light up grab the bow. Your fencing will always be tested. DON'T OVERLOOK RACOONS THEY KILL A LOT OF BIRDS!!!!
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby brokerbyduck » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:56 pm

Trapping them is highly effective and doesn't require you to "watch the flock" all night. You can still use leg hold traps, you just need to jump through a hoop with wdfw. Give them a call and they can probably hook you up with a local trapper who can take care of your problem in a few nights.
"To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems." Homer Simpson
Beware the ghetto lean!
brokerbyduck
State Moderator

Postby bknilvr00 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:39 am

Tealer wrote:Motion lights, when they light up grab the bow. Your fencing will always be tested. DON'T OVERLOOK RACOONS THEY KILL A LOT OF BIRDS!!!!

Yeah I'm familiar with coons, as is my wife. She raised chickens as a kid as has witnessed a few henhouse slaughters.

brokerbyduck wrote:Trapping them is highly effective and doesn't require you to "watch the flock" all night. You can still use leg hold traps, you just need to jump through a hoop with wdfw. Give them a call and they can probably hook you up with a local trapper who can take care of your problem in a few nights.

I sent them an email so we will see what they have to say. I would legitimately try to hunt then but the proximity to the neighbors makes that difficult. I did however tell then that if they see anything slinking around our property that isn't supposed to be there to shoot on sight. The wifes animals cost me too much time, money, and effort to let them be something else's dinner.

Sent from my space modulator.
bknilvr00
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:05 am

Trapping is always the answer with Yotes in a suburban environment. Getting a trapper to come out and do the work is the best of all options. Or you can buy a Pitbull or Rottweiler and leave it in the back yard all night. No coyote problems ever again.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting