Ridgefield wildlife refuge

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, h2ofowlr, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck

Ridgefield wildlife refuge

Postby Pfcwhit » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:00 pm

Hey I'm gonna head down to ridgefield for the first time here in a couple weeks. Just wondering how everything works down there. I've read the regs on it and everything but I'm wondering what the chances are of getting a decent hunt on standby. Also if there are spots where you need a boat or skiff or anything like sauvies. Thanks!
Pfcwhit
hunter

Re: Ridgefield wildlife refuge

Postby kcidkcus » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:56 pm

Why are you going there? All the birds are Up in skagit
Shooting a spike is like getting it on with your step sister, you are glad you put some meat away but you don't brag it up to your friends.
kcidkcus
hunter

Postby Pfcwhit » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:01 pm

kcidkcus wrote:Why are you going there? All the birds are Up in skagit

I heard you have to know someone to get any decent hunting up there
Pfcwhit
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:09 pm

No boats are allowed at the RWR. It is all pretty much wading depths. There are some experienced folks on here who will be able to chime in with good info. If you are driving this far, drop me a pm. Once the big flights of birds move in I should be able to put you on birds without your having to fight to get a blind at the refuge. I live about 8 miles from the fuge and never hunt there.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Lost Fish » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:23 pm

kcidkcus wrote:Why are you going there? All the birds are Up in skagit

Naw was out today and I heard most all of the ducks saying that they were going down to Ridgefueld for the winter. They like having wide open water and no hunting pressure. :thumbsup:
Reb
Fish, Hunt, Coffee, and Beer! What more does a guy need!!!
NW WWA Best Parking Space
Retired Marine, Now living off the Goverment (Wife's) Tit!!!
Lost Fish
hunter

Postby Pfcwhit » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:18 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:No boats are allowed at the RWR. It is all pretty much wading depths. There are some experienced folks on here who will be able to chime in with good info. If you are driving this far, drop me a pm. Once the big flights of birds move in I should be able to put you on birds without your having to fight to get a blind at the refuge. I live about 8 miles from the fuge and never hunt there.

Alright will do! Thanks
Pfcwhit
hunter

Postby WSUWESTON » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:14 pm

That's were I will be in the morning. Decent draw considering I thought it was going to be horrible. Thank you govt. shutdown. The only good thing to come out of it. :thumbsup:
WSUWESTON
Forum Moderator

Postby Tealer » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:24 pm

WSUWESTON wrote:That's were I will be in the morning. Decent draw considering I thought it was going to be horrible. Thank you govt. shutdown. The only good thing to come out of it. :thumbsup:

Good luck. I lost a number 1 pick to the shutdown.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Return to Washington Duck Hunting