Nisqually Sunday

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, h2ofowlr, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck

Nisqually Sunday

Postby Quackkiller12 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:14 am

Was wondering if the tides for Sunday will be any good? Seems like it'll be a low tide for the first shoot, unless I'm reading them wrong,

Good luck to all who are headed out this weekend!!!!
Quackkiller12
hunter

Re: Nisqually Sunday

Postby kcidkcus » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:21 am

Quackkiller12 wrote:Was wondering if the tides for Sunday will be any good? Seems like it'll be a low tide for the first shoot, unless I'm reading them wrong,

Good luck to all who are headed out this weekend!!!!

Might wanna find out FOR SURE what the tide is gonna do! LAST thing you wanna do is get them mixed up, thats a recipe for disaster.
Shooting a spike is like getting it on with your step sister, you are glad you put some meat away but you don't brag it up to your friends.
kcidkcus
hunter

Postby Quackkiller12 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:26 pm

I do understand I need to but I just don't totally understand how to read them, is that body of water by the refuge the DuPont Wharf, Nisqually Reach? If it is, this is the tide

2013-10-27 1:17 PM PDT 12.54 5:54 AM PDT 2.17 8:24 PM PDT 5.68 7:46 PDT 6:01 PDT
High. Low. Low

And help on reading this please I believe it would be low tide at 5:54am high tide at 1:17pm then low tide again at 8:24pm? Are the low tides really low or are they ok? Just really don't know what that 12.54 and 2.17 mean at all. Any help is appreciated also are these good tides for nisqually?
Quackkiller12
hunter

Postby northern hunter » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:52 pm

The 12.54 is feet of water and the 2.17 is feet of water, That is a good high tide with alot of water. and that 2ft. low is not to bad it just depends where you are trying to get to. Every couple weeks though lows will go to a neg. tide and then you are screwed. check your spot when the tides are high and low and see how it looks, Just don't get caught out there on the low tide with no water..
northern hunter
hunter

Postby Just Hunt » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:08 pm

northern hunter wrote:The 12.54 is feet of water and the 2.17 is feet of water, That is a good high tide with alot of water. and that 2ft. low is not to bad it just depends where you are trying to get to. Every couple weeks though lows will go to a neg. tide and then you are screwed. check your spot when the tides are high and low and see how it looks, Just don't get caught out there on the low tide with no water..

Or bring a pillow and sleeping bag.
Just Hunt
hunter

Postby Quackkiller12 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:46 pm

Haha I plan on heading out in low tide early in the am and hunting till high tide then when the water starts to go out pack er up and head out so I'm not stuck out there haha but I appreciate the info!!!! Thanks again and you guys will be getting a full report when I get home!!!
Quackkiller12
hunter

Postby netminderSea » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:53 am

I strongly suggest getting an app for your phone (iOS, Android, WP) that can give you the tide other important data to the minute. Most guys I know have gotten stuck when hunting salt, it's just part of learning but it's how you prepare for those type of situations that count.

Given I have those tools and still got stuck was pure stupidity, but that's a story for another day. Those with knowledge of the situation, can shut it. :lol3:
netminderSea
hunter

Postby SnowDog » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:47 pm

Most guys I know have gotten stuck when hunting salt, it's just part of learning but it's how you prepare for those type of situations that count.

Given I have those tools and still got stuck was pure stupidity, but that's a story for another day. Those with knowledge of the situation, can shut it. :lol3:

Been there done that. I always time my trips to new areas such that worst case is I can get out before sunset.

Cheers!
SD
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Dogs have all the qualities God said man should have but don't:
Faithfulness, Steadfastness, Dependability, Loyalty, Forgiveness, Devotion, Hope, and Love!"
SnowDog
hunter

Postby Meatss » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:53 pm

Just Hunt wrote:
northern hunter wrote:The 12.54 is feet of water and the 2.17 is feet of water, That is a good high tide with alot of water. and that 2ft. low is not to bad it just depends where you are trying to get to. Every couple weeks though lows will go to a neg. tide and then you are screwed. check your spot when the tides are high and low and see how it looks, Just don't get caught out there on the low tide with no water..

Or bring a pillow and sleeping bag.

Is that real advice or armchair advice????

Lord forgive me for I shoot hens.
Meatss
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting