Are you kidding?!

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, h2ofowlr, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck

Are you kidding?!

Postby Quackkiller12 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:18 pm

Well my buddie and I arrived at nisqually at 5 and there were already a bunch of trucks with trailers so we decide to do the best we can for the first time out and while debating finally it's 7:00 haha but we get all set up and have a nice flock of ducks working but our guns are still in the boat talk about frustrating but nice to know our spread was somewhat decent, but no ducks to bring home just a great expierence and we prolly will not be out there again any time soon I've never really seen sky busters but shooting at 150 at ducks that will not come in, and we got screwed over a number of times when we have turned ducks then other people sky bust!!! Dumbest thing over ever seen, all in all had a blast with my buddie and now know to not hunt when there are a bunch of people, I think I'll try and hunt late season out there just because the cold should take some idiots out! Any input or prior expierence?
Quackkiller12
hunter

Re: Are you kidding?!

Postby Lost Fish » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:24 pm

:lol3: Welcome to west side hunting... The only way to get away from it is to get a hunt club somewhere and even those guys do the same thing!!!
Reb
Fish, Hunt, Coffee, and Beer! What more does a guy need!!!
NW WWA Best Parking Space
Retired Marine, Now living off the Goverment (Wife's) Tit!!!
Lost Fish
hunter

Postby jgoetz » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:11 am

Does not surprise me the least. Duck hunters as a whole in WA are pretty close to the bottom of the barrel ethics wise. Sad to say but it is true. No respect for the game we are harvesting. It's people like those idiots that give us all a black eye.

No duck is worth trying any shot outside of 60 yards no matter how good of a shot you are.
Talk crap, get hit!
jgoetz
hunter

Postby chester870 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:30 am

Quackkiller12 wrote:Well my buddie and I arrived at nisqually at 5 and there were already a bunch of trucks with trailers so we decide to do the best we can for the first time out and while debating finally it's 7:00 haha but we get all set up and have a nice flock of ducks working but our guns are still in the boat talk about frustrating but nice to know our spread was somewhat decent, but no ducks to bring home just a great expierence and we prolly will not be out there again any time soon I've never really seen sky busters but shooting at 150 at ducks that will not come in, and we got screwed over a number of times when we have turned ducks then other people sky bust!!! Dumbest thing over ever seen, all in all had a blast with my buddie and now know to not hunt when there are a bunch of people, I think I'll try and hunt late season out there just because the cold should take some idiots out! Any input or prior expierence?

Wow. That was one long sentence.
chester870
hunter

Postby h2ofowlr » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:37 am

Quackkiller12 wrote:Well my buddie and I arrived at nisqually at 5 and there were already a bunch of trucks with trailers so we decide to do the best we can for the first time out and while debating finally it's 7:00 haha but we get all set up and have a nice flock of ducks working but our guns are still in the boat talk about frustrating but nice to know our spread was somewhat decent, but no ducks to bring home just a great expierence and we prolly will not be out there again any time soon I've never really seen sky busters but shooting at 150 at ducks that will not come in, and we got screwed over a number of times when we have turned ducks then other people sky bust!!! Dumbest thing over ever seen, all in all had a blast with my buddie and now know to not hunt when there are a bunch of people, I think I'll try and hunt late season out there just because the cold should take some idiots out! Any input or prior expierence?

I wonder how all the others felt that got their early and were set up and then a group comes out 20 minutes prior to legal shooting and sets up. You may have been corking them and they have been just as pissed as you were screaming at their birds and cutting them off. I know I love it when someone squeezes in right at legal hunting. :huh:
Cut Um!
Real ducks don't have a competition sequence they follow! Hint, hint!
h2ofowlr
State Moderator

Postby Quackkiller12 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:30 am

It is a bit redicilus the ethics of other hunters, and h20 fowlr we were in the water for a long time and we were setting up when these people I was talking about came in I could not see any other hunters becides if they were heading back in, and the only person we saw is the people who sat up behind us 120 yards away.
Quackkiller12
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting