Duck hunting boats

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck, h2ofowlr

Re: Duck hunting boats

Postby h2ofowlr » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:56 pm

bknilvr00 wrote:Does anybody have any experience with riverwild boats? They do custom rigs and they look like a viable option for my next boat. Apparently the owner is hard to get a hold of so I'm just kinda twiddling my thumbs waiting for him to get back to me.

Sent from my space modulator.

My friend owned one for a while. A decent boat for the price. Best option is your not paying for the name like a North River.

There is a builder on Fir Island, John Wolden that makes boats. May be another option, he could make you a great boat per your liking. I think the last 18-19' boat I had him quote was about $8,500 bare boat. Those were per my specifications. If you find a used trailer, additional savings along with a used motor, you can get into a nice boat fairly inexpensive.
Cut Um!
Real ducks don't have a competition sequence they follow! Hint, hint!
h2ofowlr
State Moderator

Postby Tealer » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:21 pm

River Wild makes great boats . Since he has grown his customer service is really not great.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby somethinsmellsfishy » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:02 pm

bknilvr00 wrote:Does anybody have any experience with riverwild boats? They do custom rigs and they look like a viable option for my next boat. Apparently the owner is hard to get a hold of so I'm just kinda twiddling my thumbs waiting for him to get back to me.

Me too!

Fishy :hi:
somethinsmellsfishy
hunter

Postby StanwoodSpartan » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:58 am

h2ofowlr wrote:There is a builder on Fir Island, John Wolden that makes boats. May be another option, he could make you a great boat per your liking. I think the last 18-19' boat I had him quote was about $8,500 bare boat.

Wolden makes some nice boats. I know his brother and he is also a family friend of my inlaws. Good people.
Shoot a goose, save a plane!
StanwoodSpartan
hunter

Postby bknilvr00 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:14 am

Tealer wrote:River Wild makes great boats . Since he has grown his customer service is really not great.

That's good to hear. I'd really like a 19 footer. Do you run 4 strokes primarily? I'm interested to hear about the new etechs. I don't like two strokes but I've heard good things about them.

bknilvr00
hunter

Postby bknilvr00 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:16 am

h2ofowlr wrote:

My friend owned one for a while. A decent boat for the price. Best option is your not paying for the name like a North River.

There is a builder on Fir Island, John Wolden that makes boats. May be another option, he could make you a great boat per your liking. I think the last 18-19' boat I had him quote was about $8,500 bare boat. Those were per my specifications. If you find a used trailer, additional savings along with a used motor, you can get into a nice boat fairly inexpensive.

I'll have to check into him. If I researched in school as much as I'm researching boats I might have done better lol. Did you actually get a boat from him? What are you running now?

bknilvr00
hunter

Postby Tealer » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:46 pm

bknilvr00 wrote:
Tealer wrote:River Wild makes great boats . Since he has grown his customer service is really not great.

That's good to hear. I'd really like a 19 footer. Do you run 4 strokes primarily? I'm interested to hear about the new etechs. I don't like two strokes but I've heard good things about them.

I wouldn't run an etec if you paid me. Honda or Yamaha all the way.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby bknilvr00 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:14 pm

Tealer wrote:
bknilvr00 wrote:

And that tells me what I need to know. Im happy with the merc on my current tub, but I had a yamaha on my Lund that got jacked last year. In the extremely short amount of time I had it, it seemed to be a decent motor.
bknilvr00
hunter

Postby somethinsmellsfishy » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:53 pm

bknilvr00 wrote:
Tealer wrote:
bknilvr00 wrote:

And that tells me what I need to know. Im happy with the merc on my current tub, but I had a yamaha on my Lund that got jacked last year. In the extremely short amount of time I had it, it seemed to be a decent motor.

I have two Yamaha's on my fishing boat and love them, if I keep my duck boat I will replace the Evinrude two stroke and hang a 4 stroke Yamaha on the back of that also.....

Fishy
somethinsmellsfishy
hunter

Previous

Return to Washington Duck Hunting