Manson area hunting options

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck, h2ofowlr

Manson area hunting options

Postby somethinsmellsfishy » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:52 am

I will be in the Manson area for T day and do not know the area. I know its near the Columbia but that can be pretty intimidating for an inexperienced guy with an even more inexperienced pup!

Not looking for your favorite spot, just looking to spend half a day with some opportunity, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fishy
somethinsmellsfishy
hunter

Re: Manson area hunting options

Postby somethinsmellsfishy » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:57 pm

BigChunter wrote:Bring diver decoys, it's the Columbia... You can shoot divers untill your shoulder falls of... You will have to scout hard for Bread eaters.

Yeah, Not bringing the boat and so will stay away from the big water.......But thanks.

Fishy
somethinsmellsfishy
hunter

Postby somethinsmellsfishy » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:30 pm

BigChunter wrote:
somethinsmellsfishy wrote:
BigChunter wrote:Bring diver decoys, it's the Columbia... You can shoot divers untill your shoulder falls of... You will have to scout hard for Bread eaters.

Yeah, Not bringing the boat and so will stay away from the big water.......But thanks.

Fishy

I hunt right off the shore, I don't have a boat

Good tip but my pup has only one retrieve under her belt, I dont think she's ready for the Big C yet.

So you shoot alot of divers over there but the greenheads are few and far between?

Fishy
somethinsmellsfishy
hunter

Postby somethinsmellsfishy » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:15 pm

Very cool of you to give up some info, especially since you seem to hunt in that area. Looks like I will spend some time on the road.

Appreciate all the help.

I drive a red tundra, so if you see one running around like they don't know what the H3!! their doing, thats probably me! :)

Fishy
somethinsmellsfishy
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:38 pm

The Columbia can be a pond or a mild lake a lot of days. Don't count it out just because your think it might be to much. A lot of days I end up shooting divers over shiny water that reflects the dogs head perfectly on every retrieve.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting