Saturday Morning in the Blind.

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck, h2ofowlr

Saturday Morning in the Blind.

Postby Cougar125 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:05 am

Well, it is 0600 on the last day of November. I am trying out a new spot relatively close to home due to my usual partner not wanting to eat tag soup. The blinds surrounding this lake leave their decoys out all year. This is helpful since my spread is new and on a corner of this lake where there is no blind and there are "No Trespassing" signs on the bank. Both of these situations I see as helpful since the other spreads are covered in cobwebs and I'm tucked into the cattails in my rat.

More to come...

Sent from my flux capacitor.
There are no ducks in the desert!
Cougar125
hunter

Re: Saturday Morning in the Blind.

Postby duckdogger07 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:34 am

Kill brother i am at work starting to feel like i live here....
May your birds fly low and your aim be true!

Waiting for October....
duckdogger07
hunter

Postby JMTaylor » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:15 am

shoot a few for me too.
JMTaylor
hunter

Postby Tuxedocoot » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:02 am

Coots are great! :sarcmark:
Pro Staff = Your someone's "B" for their profit, Sucker fish
Tuxedocoot
hunter

Postby Cougar125 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:45 am

Packed up and headed home. 3 bluebills, 1 ring neck, 3 buffies.

Cougar125
hunter

Postby StanwoodSpartan » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:15 am

Anytime you need a partner, just let me know... That could've been 6 bluebills, 2 rings, and 6 buff/s :grooving:
Shoot a goose, save a plane!
StanwoodSpartan
hunter

Postby Cougar125 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:02 pm

BigChunter wrote:Really cougar? Shooting schit ducks now? Not just one... Or two... But a whole limit :eek: I thought you were better then that man... :no:

I might have to start shooting them when the bread eaters leave for the winter :lol3:

LoL BigC. Hopefully soon I'll shoot a whole limit of Drake Buffies. I did finally get a limit of bluebill though. :grooving:

StanwoodSpartan wrote:Anytime you need a partner, just let me know... That could've been 6 bluebills, 2 rings, and 6 buff/s :grooving:

Got a rat or a pod? I was hunting on a public lake that is surrounded by private land. There are blinds everywhere except 1 nook where the lady doesn't let people hunt. Guess what the only access is? By boat. ;) Got over there where the birds wanted to dump in and hid in the cattails with my rat. Worked out great. Anytime you want to get together, let me know and we'll try and get it worked out.
Cougar125
hunter

Postby StanwoodSpartan » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:27 pm

Just traded my 10' pod today for a Momarsh Fatboy DP. ;) I will send you a PM after I get home from work tonight
Shoot a goose, save a plane!
StanwoodSpartan
hunter

Postby skagitduckwacker » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:52 pm

Cougar125 wrote:
BigChunter wrote:Really cougar? Shooting schit ducks now? Not just one... Or two... But a whole limit :eek: I thought you were better then that man... :no:

I might have to start shooting them when the bread eaters leave for the winter :lol3:

LoL BigC. Hopefully soon I'll shoot a whole limit of Drake Buffies. I did finally get a limit of bluebill though. :grooving:

StanwoodSpartan wrote:Anytime you need a partner, just let me know... That could've been 6 bluebills, 2 rings, and 6 buff/s :grooving:

Got a rat or a pod? I was hunting on a public lake that is surrounded by private land. There are blinds everywhere except 1 nook where the lady doesn't let people hunt. Guess what the only access is? By boat. ;) Got over there where the birds wanted to dump in and hid in the cattails with my rat. Worked out great. Anytime you want to get together, let me know and we'll try and get it worked out.

You mean you shot there and the evil Bonnie didn't come chasing after you with her pitch fork. You can tell her from her criminal son because she is the one that needs a shave more.
Duck dogs go to heaven too.
skagitduckwacker
hunter

Postby Cougar125 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:43 pm

skagitduckwacker wrote:You mean you shot there and the evil Bonnie didn't come chasing after you with her pitch fork. You can tell her from her criminal son because she is the one that needs a shave more.

I've heard of Bonnie, but have never seen her. If she wants to harass me, let her. Wouldn't be the first time I've dialed 911 while hunting.
Cougar125
hunter

Postby skagitduckwacker » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:17 pm

Cougar125 wrote:
skagitduckwacker wrote:You mean you shot there and the evil Bonnie didn't come chasing after you with her pitch fork. You can tell her from her criminal son because she is the one that needs a shave more.

I've heard of Bonnie, but have never seen her. If she wants to harass me, let her. Wouldn't be the first time I've dialed 911 while hunting.

Wouldn't be the first time she has had 911 called on her for harassing hunters if you did. I would tell you how I really feel about her but there are kids on this forum and it would get me kicked off. She is also involved with the signs the commies have on Hwy 20 complaining about the Navy. Glad to see you got some today.
skagitduckwacker
hunter

Postby Cougar125 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:25 pm

skagitduckwacker wrote:Wouldn't be the first time she has had 911 called on her for harassing hunters if you did. I would tell you how I really feel about her but there are kids on this forum and it would get me kicked off. She is also involved with the signs the commies have on Hwy 20 complaining about the Navy. Glad to see you got some today.

Interesting. Good information. I really liked that little corner of the pond. I may have to go back.

Cougar125
hunter

Postby Knighttime25 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:59 pm

Bonnie's son came in one year on her property while me and my cousin were hunting in a camo canoe, walked out in the pond chest deep in his jeans and street clothes, told us we couldn't hunt there and he proceeded to take all our decoys out in a wadded up mess. After a lot of yelling and swearing back and forth we called the island county sheriff. He came out and got our decoys back and told her son if you harass these guys one more time down here I'm taking you straight to jail. Never had any more run-ins after that :yes:
Wack em' and Stack em' boys
Knighttime25
hunter

Postby Tuxedocoot » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:55 pm

Nice pill of schit ducks...
Tuxedocoot
hunter

Postby skagitduckwacker » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:13 pm

Knighttime25 wrote:Bonnie's son came in one year on her property while me and my cousin were hunting in a camo canoe, walked out in the pond chest deep in his jeans and street clothes, told us we couldn't hunt there and he proceeded to take all our decoys out in a wadded up mess. After a lot of yelling and swearing back and forth we called the island county sheriff. He came out and got our decoys back and told her son if you harass these guys one more time down here I'm taking you straight to jail. Never had any more run-ins after that :yes:

The last time the kid was out there with a shotgun randomly shooting in the air flaring birds on purpose and the Sheriff showed up, he got cited because he wouldn't relinquish the gun when the deputy ordered him to do so. That guy is a wildcard for sure.
skagitduckwacker
hunter

Postby wetside » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:11 pm

Took out my pod for the first time since last opening day. I forgot how good it hides.

I had a heron try to land on me. At first I just thought it was going land by me, but it kept gliding. It had feet down and was about 10ft out when I sat up and scared the crap out of it.
wetside
hunter

Postby Cougar125 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:02 pm

skagitduckwacker wrote:The last time the kid was out there with a shotgun randomly shooting in the air flaring birds on purpose and the Sheriff showed up, he got cited because he wouldn't relinquish the gun when the deputy ordered him to do so. That guy is a wildcard for sure.

I would be in fear for my life and the lives of those in the vicinity for his unsafe acts. That's what 911 would hear.

Cougar125
hunter

Postby brokerbyduck » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:16 pm

Cougar125 wrote:Packed up and headed home. 3 bluebills, 1 ring neck, 3 buffies.

Nice shoot Cougar, hopefully you won't have to deal with the crazies like some of the other guys have.
"To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems." Homer Simpson
Beware the ghetto lean!
brokerbyduck
State Moderator

Postby Tuxedocoot » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:27 pm

brokerbyduck wrote:
Cougar125 wrote:Packed up and headed home. 3 bluebills, 1 ring neck, 3 buffies.

Nice shoot Cougar, hopefully you won't have to deal with the crazies like some of the other guys have.

Or the taste of them :sarcmark:
Tuxedocoot
hunter

Postby AKPirate » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:33 am

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
AKPirate
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting