Cherry Valley Unit, Crescent Lake, Stillwater Unit

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, washingtonmuley, h2ofowlr, brokerbyduck

Cherry Valley Unit, Crescent Lake, Stillwater Unit

Postby bluebiller » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:28 pm

Are now all opened for strictly waterfowl hunting beginning tomorrow, Dec 1st. Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife put this restriction in place to please the pheasant hunters with hunting hours of 8am-4pm. I called and found out that it was really a restriction in place for the pheasant hunters, so as not to chase the birds off the premises. :mad: That really upset me as I live much closer to these hunting areas than Skagit and most anyone knows the best duck hunting is the crack of dawn and 1/2 before the close.
So thought I'd let you all know. Go to it!
bluebiller

"decoyless, pass, jump, and sneak hunting ..... falling to earth and getting your face dirty"
bluebiller
hunter

Re: Cherry Valley Unit, Crescent Lake, Stillwater Unit

Postby AnonymousDuck » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:17 pm

bluebiller wrote:Are now all opened for strictly waterfowl hunting beginning tomorrow, Dec 1st. Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife put this restriction in place to please the pheasant hunters with hunting hours of 8am-4pm. I called and found out that it was really a restriction in place for the pheasant hunters, so as not to chase the birds off the premises. :mad: That really upset me as I live much closer to these hunting areas than Skagit and most anyone knows the best duck hunting is the crack of dawn and 1/2 before the close.
So thought I'd let you all know. Go to it!

If you wouldn't mind, can you tell me who you spoke too, because they will site you if you go into the area before 0800 to duck hunt prior to Dec 1st and the Fish & Game guy that works the area, a supervisor to boot, is a grade A Alpha Hotel! Makes no since to even allow the areas to be open if you cannot go in to set up before 0800, not to mention the regulations refer to upland hunting and the signage is ambiguous at best.
Nothing Runs Like a Lab...
SD/SHR, DixieBrit's Waterdog "Dream" Come True.
Member: Combat Veterans Waterfowl Association.

XIXΔ

All I got was a rock...!
AnonymousDuck
hunter

Re: Cherry Valley Unit, Crescent Lake, Stillwater Unit

Postby bluebiller » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:09 pm

Look on the website (Washington Dept. of Fish and Wildlife). Type Cherry Valley in the search box and enter. And then click on the first website that is offered. Look in the RH, top corner "Important Notice" box and read it. That's who I discussed this with 1st week in November.
bluebiller

"decoyless, pass, jump, and sneak hunting ..... falling to earth and getting your face dirty"
bluebiller
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting