Dog Issues

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck, h2ofowlr

Dog Issues

Postby star882 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:10 pm

Well wish me luck. Taking my 3 1/2 year old Yellow Lab in for X-rays and to be checked over. Dont Know what happend exactly but hoping its something that can heal. We have 3 horses on our property and i think she might have gotten to close at some point or maybe she hurt herself playing. I have noticed that she has issues jumping upward and will randomly yelp when she is playing. She acts totally normal most of the time. Anyone else had injuries to there bird dog in the past?
star882
hunter

Re: Dog Issues

Postby whtelk » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:15 am

Several injuries. Nutria have tore my Labs up and had them to the vet more than once.
whtelk
hunter

Re: Dog Issues

Postby skagitduckwacker » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:32 am

Most of us have had labs at some point in our hunting careers. While some guys count their ducks on websites like this, I can count my labs. 3 black, 4 chocolate, 1 yellow. I can tell you that your question has the possibility to get a different diagnosis with every response. Usually OCD starts to become visible at 6 mos-1 year. Could be hips, shoulders or hocks. Dysplasia is a possibility. Or an injury. My suggestion is: Let a vet diagnose your dog. If you don't get anything from your local vet, get a second opinion from an orthopedic vet if the condition continues. Just my two cents. Good luck. I hope it is just something minor.
Duck dogs go to heaven too.
skagitduckwacker
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting