Time to get out. The birds are down.

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, h2ofowlr, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck

Time to get out. The birds are down.

Postby h2ofowlr » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:21 pm

Lots of new birds down with all this cold. We shot 14 greenheads in just over an hour.
Attachments
image.jpg
Cut Um!
Real ducks don't have a competition sequence they follow! Hint, hint!
h2ofowlr
State Moderator

Re: Time to get out. The birds are down.

Postby wetside » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:37 pm

nice shoot
Last edited by wetside on Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
wetside
hunter

Postby h2ofowlr » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:28 am

BigChunter wrote:They were all shot at nisqually? That's we're all the birds are!

Yep, Nisqually is producing some good shoots.
Cut Um!
Real ducks don't have a competition sequence they follow! Hint, hint!
h2ofowlr
State Moderator

Postby Geardown » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:07 pm

Thanks for inviting the rest of the west side out to the nisqually like its not crowded enough already
Geardown
hunter

Postby Geardown » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:24 pm

Lets have Thanksgiving week all over again idiots on top of each other driving boats up and down the creek and across the front running and gunning. I asked one gentelmen if he realized that was illeagle and he said none of my F buisness it pushes birds to everybody. No bird was safe at any altitude and shell limits whats that shoot till the gun glows or the bird falls. The Nisqually can only support 5-6 hunting groups and reports like this have doubled and tripled the numbers out there creating a zoo of unethical hunters. I hope the wardes decide to start patroling it and clean it up before its too late and we are waiting for a draw blind and shell check just to get the chance to hunt. Thanks again
Geardown
hunter

Postby Hntrspud » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:55 pm

Just a thought Geardown, if you dont like nisqually, dont go. Dont take it all at face value either, what is said on forum. Thats why most of us already avoid that area. It isnt all that special anyway and there are a ton of other places to hunt. Dont jump to conclusions about OP. Kinda nice seeing someone have success. Spend the amount of time and money that he has, or others like us, on gas food and other things and it will come around. I am still learning, not always about one area, but about MULTIPLE areas. Dont put your eggs all in one basket.
Hntrspud
hunter

Postby PCR » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:05 pm

Geardown wrote:Lets have Thanksgiving week all over again idiots on top of each other driving boats up and down the creek and across the front running and gunning. I asked one gentelmen if he realized that was illeagle and he said none of my F buisness it pushes birds to everybody. No bird was safe at any altitude and shell limits whats that shoot till the gun glows or the bird falls. The Nisqually can only support 5-6 hunting groups and reports like this have doubled and tripled the numbers out there creating a zoo of unethical hunters. I hope the wardes decide to start patroling it and clean it up before its too late and we are waiting for a draw blind and shell check just to get the chance to hunt. Thanks again

Boo F'n Hoo! :crying:
Don't go there if you don't like it. Ranting at the OP about your sucky hunts isn't going to change anything about yahoo land. Besides, my super sharpness tells me that the nisqually comment was sarcasm anyway.
PCR
hunter

Postby AnonymousDuck » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:50 pm

Very nice, love seeing those green heads. Haven't got any this year yet, kind of sucks.
Nothing Runs Like a Lab...
SD/SHR, DixieBrit's Waterdog "Dream" Come True.
Member: Combat Veterans Waterfowl Association.

XIXΔ

All I got was a rock...!
AnonymousDuck
hunter

Postby ShaqDiesel » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:04 pm

Yeah my friend and I got our limits today as well! Im pretty pumped, it was worth freezing!
One Shot Wonder...
ShaqDiesel
hunter

Postby bknilvr00 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:11 pm

Getting out tomorrow. Was going to go tday with just me and the dog, but somebody overslept....

Oh well, gave the boat more time to thaw out anyways. Had a surprise when I went to get the boat ready last night, and had 4 inches of ice in the bottom.
bknilvr00
hunter

Postby Geardown » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:35 am

PCR didn't say I had a bad hunt just like to see one of the closest public places taken care but it sounds like you think this is normal hunting practice and may have been the one running and gunning probably one of the ft Lewis clan that thinks Duck Dynasty is all that and a bag of chips. I understand your new and not too sharp
Geardown
hunter

Postby PCR » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:47 am

Geardown wrote:PCR didn't say I had a bad hunt just like to see one of the closest public places taken care but it sounds like you think this is normal hunting practice and may have been the one running and gunning probably one of the ft Lewis clan that thinks Duck Dynasty is all that and a bag of chips. I understand your new and not too sharp

Haha! You couldn't be more wrong... I live about an hour or more north of there, I have access to roughly 900 acres of private in 3 different counties and I've been to Nisqually exactly once to shoot the surf scoter that's now mounted on my wall. And yes, I do think its "normal hunting practice". I don't do it but it would appear that its a fairly common occurrence, especially in places like Nisqually. Just sounded like you think one false hunting report was gonna ruin a prime hunting spot. Here's a news flash for ya... It's a public spot in WA that comes with online instructions of how to hunt it... It's always going to be full of dummies.
PCR
hunter

Postby somethinsmellsfishy » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:41 am

This is just like sitting around the table at any holiday occasion, the good,the bad and the ugly, oh and let us not forget the funny!!!!

Fishy
somethinsmellsfishy
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting