Duck Hunting Forum banner

Time to get out. The birds are down.

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  somethinsmellsfishy 
#1 ·
Lots of new birds down with all this cold. We shot 14 greenheads in just over an hour.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Lets have Thanksgiving week all over again idiots on top of each other driving boats up and down the creek and across the front running and gunning. I asked one gentelmen if he realized that was illeagle and he said none of my F buisness it pushes birds to everybody. No bird was safe at any altitude and shell limits whats that shoot till the gun glows or the bird falls. The Nisqually can only support 5-6 hunting groups and reports like this have doubled and tripled the numbers out there creating a zoo of unethical hunters. I hope the wardes decide to start patroling it and clean it up before its too late and we are waiting for a draw blind and shell check just to get the chance to hunt. Thanks again

#6 ·
Just a thought Geardown, if you dont like nisqually, dont go. Dont take it all at face value either, what is said on forum. Thats why most of us already avoid that area. It isnt all that special anyway and there are a ton of other places to hunt. Dont jump to conclusions about OP. Kinda nice seeing someone have success. Spend the amount of time and money that he has, or others like us, on gas food and other things and it will come around. I am still learning, not always about one area, but about MULTIPLE areas. Dont put your eggs all in one basket.

#7 ·
Geardown said:
Lets have Thanksgiving week all over again idiots on top of each other driving boats up and down the creek and across the front running and gunning. I asked one gentelmen if he realized that was illeagle and he said none of my F buisness it pushes birds to everybody. No bird was safe at any altitude and shell limits whats that shoot till the gun glows or the bird falls. The Nisqually can only support 5-6 hunting groups and reports like this have doubled and tripled the numbers out there creating a zoo of unethical hunters. I hope the wardes decide to start patroling it and clean it up before its too late and we are waiting for a draw blind and shell check just to get the chance to hunt. Thanks again
Boo F'n Hoo! :crying:
Don't go there if you don't like it. Ranting at the OP about your sucky hunts isn't going to change anything about yahoo land. Besides, my super sharpness tells me that the nisqually comment was sarcasm anyway.

#11 ·
PCR didn't say I had a bad hunt just like to see one of the closest public places taken care but it sounds like you think this is normal hunting practice and may have been the one running and gunning probably one of the ft Lewis clan that thinks Duck Dynasty is all that and a bag of chips. I understand your new and not too sharp

#12 ·
Geardown said:
PCR didn't say I had a bad hunt just like to see one of the closest public places taken care but it sounds like you think this is normal hunting practice and may have been the one running and gunning probably one of the ft Lewis clan that thinks Duck Dynasty is all that and a bag of chips. I understand your new and not too sharp
Haha! You couldn't be more wrong... I live about an hour or more north of there, I have access to roughly 900 acres of private in 3 different counties and I've been to Nisqually exactly once to shoot the surf scoter that's now mounted on my wall. And yes, I do think its "normal hunting practice". I don't do it but it would appear that its a fairly common occurrence, especially in places like Nisqually. Just sounded like you think one false hunting report was gonna ruin a prime hunting spot. Here's a news flash for ya... It's a public spot in WA that comes with online instructions of how to hunt it... It's always going to be full of dummies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.