Sitka gear

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck, h2ofowlr

Re: Sitka gear

Postby AnonymousDuck » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:58 pm

:bump: :bump: Okay have a question for you Sitka guys. I always enjoy looking at new blind bag gear and I noticed the two backpacks they have. Does anyone have one? I want to know if they're waterproff. I lookked on the web page and it doesn't give any info on that. And if you have one do you like it.? I have the Drake backpack and like it for walking in, but I would like to compare the two
Nothing Runs Like a Lab...
SD/SHR, DixieBrit's Waterdog "Dream" Come True.
Member: Combat Veterans Waterfowl Association.

XIXΔ

All I got was a rock...!
AnonymousDuck
hunter

Postby aclumpkin » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:35 am

AnonymousDuck wrote::bump: :bump: Okay have a question for you Sitka guys. I always enjoy looking at new blind bag gear and I noticed the two backpacks they have. Does anyone have one? I want to know if they're waterproff. I lookked on the web page and it doesn't give any info on that. And if you have one do you like it.? I have the Drake backpack and like it for walking in, but I would like to compare the two

I bought and tried out the half choke pack but ended up returning it. I never tried it in the field, just around the house trying to figure out how easily and efficiently it packed all my gear. Sitka's bags are definitely well made and based on construction, I would fully expect them to be very good against water. I obviously can't say they are waterproof because I never tried them out in those conditions.

Anyway, I just didn't like the ergonomics of the bag. There were basically two main pockets and one smaller internal pocket. I guess if you were backpacking and needed some big pockets to stuff jackets and other clothes into, it would be great. I ended up with the Tanglefree Ultimate Blind Bag. It still has the large main pocket for something like an extra jacket but it has lots of other pockets for your other stuff.

Overall, Sitka (and a lot of the sellers of Sitka Gear) has a great return policy. You can always do what I did and buy one, leave the tags on, see how it fits your stuff / needs, and return it if necessary.
Some people just need a high-five.
In the face.
With a chair.
aclumpkin
hunter

Postby AnonymousDuck » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:43 pm

Thanks for the info. :smile:
Nothing Runs Like a Lab...
SD/SHR, DixieBrit's Waterdog "Dream" Come True.
Member: Combat Veterans Waterfowl Association.

XIXΔ

All I got was a rock...!
AnonymousDuck
hunter

Postby GreenheadKiller » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:34 am

I have the Sitka Pantanal bibs for sale! Size Large, new with tags! $360.00 decided to go with a different camouflage. I live near Spokane, contact me for more info thanks
GreenheadKiller
hunter

Previous

Return to Washington Duck Hunting