Union River - Hood Canal

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, washingtonmuley, h2ofowlr, brokerbyduck

Union River - Hood Canal

Postby willpenny7 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:55 pm

Im off out on the Union River for dawn tomorrow, anyone else hunted this area recently?
willpenny7
hunter

Re: Union River - Hood Canal

Postby zier » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:40 pm

Not yet. Been wanting to just have to make the time. Let me know how it goes. Good luck
zier
hunter

Postby singleyj » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:26 pm

Hunted it this past weekend, Saturday brought tons of Pintails had a flock of at least 40 lite. There Couple of mallards here and there and tons of bufflehead that I was not able to get into shooting range. Sunday was a very calm day and only saw a couple of Mallards in the early morning on the way out but was not setup yet due to tide. I ended up only have 2 commons land in the decoys before we had to pack it back up to get out before we got stranded by the tide. All and all a decent hunt, but It’ll be my last time there this year. I like to be able to sit all day until it’s dark or I get my limit and working with the tide just does not allow this there.
singleyj
hunter

Postby zier » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:21 pm

Ya tides definitely play a big role on the hunts and makes it difficult.
zier
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting