Rodgers taxidermy Lakewood scam

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, washingtonmuley, h2ofowlr, brokerbyduck

Rodgers taxidermy Lakewood scam

Postby zier » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:26 am

This is why I use a reputable taxidermy for all my stuff. I tried to go to a new taxidermy due to cheap rates and took a gamble 2 years ago. We brought in two deer hides, an elk hide, and a coyote hide. Said it would take 6 months to get back. Kept going in weekly after six months because he kept saying it would be the next week and the next week. He said the hide were shipped back to the bears den in Olympia that he just had to pay the remainder of the 500 he owed to pick up the shipment. So waited and waited. Already having a 50% down payment and not wanting to get scammed I told him I would pay the other amount left over in person at the bears den because he says he had no money to pick them up. He refused. So I contacted the bears den and took an hour drive and he showed me the hides in the shipment. Ours were not there. None of them. He was really cool though. So went back pissed at Rodger and he said oh wait there is a coyote hide in back that they were going to tan. Ended up mine. Got that back which looked like crap because they tanned it and did not send it to tannery like said. Then he told me the other hides must be in freezer. Several trips later he is now saying there was never any hides in freezer and the tannery lost them. Lie I say the paper work mine were not shipped. Then he told me that they had screwed up hides had the hair slipped on a bunch.So no he is just trying to take the money I gave him and say we're out of luck. He won't get away with it.
Also all the other hides in the shipment were sent back to tannery because he refused to pick them up. He took everyone's money and they are out the hides.
He does nothing but make up excuses and lies. And half the time I saw him he was drunk with a bottle of turkey on his desk.
What should I do.
zier
hunter

Re: Rodgers taxidermy Lakewood scam

Postby zier » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:32 am

The remainder we offered to give him when he refused to pick up hides still would have covered all of the tannery cost which shows that he was lying about my hides in the shipment.
He also lost a buddy's deer hide just prior that he already paid for.
Just taking people's money and not giving any product back.
Lots of people lost hides on this shipment and even other taxis are saying don't do business with him from there experiences with him.
zier
hunter

Postby jgoetz » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:59 am

You have a few options.

Report it to the police. Essentially this is theft if he took your money and goods and didn't give either back. You could report him to the Better Business Bureau also.

Chalk it up as a lesson learned. You get what you pay for.
Talk crap, get hit!
jgoetz
hunter

Postby Skyhigh » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:01 am

Get Jesse
WE ARE NOT RELATED
Skyhigh
hunter

Postby Datsuyama » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:08 pm

I'm brand-spanking new to this site, I've leered around for quite a while but finally registered just so I could post a reply to this thread.
If you have any paperwork that shows you gave that guy your hides, sue him in small claims court. It's a pain but that's probably your only recourse. It won't be handled by the police, they will simply say it is civil, not criminal since he didn't forcibly take the items from you. There is no crime because you handed your hides over to him - he is not upholding his end of a contract and that's civil. Sue his ass and good luck! The hard part is getting him to pay even after a judgment, if he has no other income, it will be a difficult task. Also, getting Jesse may not be a bad idea, he's entertaining if nothing else!

Edited to add - the BBB doesn't matter to anyone who isn't a member… I'm guessing a guy that treats his customers like he is wouldn't be a member! Good luck!
Datsuyama
Newb

Return to Washington Duck Hunting