Late Season Youth Hunt @ Port Susan TNC

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck, h2ofowlr

Late Season Youth Hunt @ Port Susan TNC

Postby Lost Fish » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:12 pm

The NW Chapter of WWA in cooperation with The Nature Conservatory will be hosting a late season youth hunt at their property in Port Susan.

We will be running morning and afternoon hunts on both Saturday and Sunday the 18 & 19 of January.

This will be a good hunt with Snows and Ducks working the property.

The hunt is open to any youth hunter (15 and younger) so long as you are good with the state. Sorry parents you can set in the blind but you don't get to do any shooting.

The hunts can either be guided by a member with our decoys, dogs, and calling or you can bring your own gear. We also have a few shotguns for use if needed.

This is a great chance for you to get your kid out to "Try" hunting without the large investment to see if they are going to be liking it or not.

If you are interested send me a PM with your name and best contact number. Will pass on the details of the hunt and requirements that your party will need.

Any questions let me know.
Reb
Fish, Hunt, Coffee, and Beer! What more does a guy need!!!
NW WWA Best Parking Space
Retired Marine, Now living off the Goverment (Wife's) Tit!!!
Lost Fish
hunter

Re: Late Season Youth Hunt @ Port Susan TNC

Postby Lost Fish » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:40 pm

We have had some scheduale changes because of sport evetns. So that means we have 3 Saturday morning slots open.

Shoot me a pm to get more info or get your kids on the roster!
Reb
Lost Fish
hunter

Re: Late Season Youth Hunt @ Port Susan TNC

Postby Island Time » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:58 pm

My son and I had a great time on Saturday even though he got skunked . He had his chance with several hundred Snows picking up and flying overhead but got too excited and didn't get his shots off well.

Rick and Griffey (sp?) were perfect guides and companions. Keep us posted on the next youth hunt.

Go Hawks!!!!
Island Time
Newb

Final Count-Late Season Youth Hunt @ Port Susan TNC

Postby Lost Fish » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:54 pm

Glad you guys had a good time!!!

To All!!!

The hunt was a good time and like the rest of the season it was a tough hunt!!! But the Kids did good and got some good shooting in.

All total we ended up with 7 Snow's and a couple of handfulls of quackers!

This is on a different site but here are some of the pic's fm Saturday.
http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index ... c=145675.0

Thanks to TNC for again providing this great place. Thanks also to the guides we had out there this weekend. Then lastly thanks to the WWA members that provided decoys and all of the additional help that goes on under the skirt!

WIll be doing another one of these in Sept for the youth weekend! See you all then!

Reb
Reb
Lost Fish
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting