New guy.

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck, h2ofowlr

New guy.

Postby Flyinundertheradar » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:26 am

New guy here. Kinda late in the season, but I Just thought I would introduce myself. I figured I might give this internet chat board thing a whirl and see how it goes. I've tried to resist all this technology crap, but it just seems inevitable I suppose.

I've been chasing waterfowl in Snohomish, Skagit, and Whatcom counties since I was a youngster so I'm not exactly new to the game. Waterfowling goes back many generations with my family. I'm the son of a duckhunter, of a duckhunter of a duckhunter, of a duckhunter. It's just in my blood. Couldn't quit if I wanted to. So anyway I hope I can contribute to the banter here in positive manner, maybe share some knowledge, and tell some tall tails in the future.
Flyinundertheradar
hunter

Re: New guy.

Postby billsarima » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:59 am

:welcome:
Don't say a word about my dog being fat other wise you can fetch your own duck!!!
billsarima
hunter

Postby mrwabobcat » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:52 am

:welcome: Good first post
mrwabobcat
hunter

Postby somethinsmellsfishy » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:21 pm

mrwabobcat wrote::welcome: Good first post

I agree! :thumbsup:

Fishy
somethinsmellsfishy
hunter

Postby BigBlondeBirdDog » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:32 pm

mrwabobcat wrote::welcome: Good first post

x3
: Waterfowl Junkie & Host of "Pacific Flyway Radio"

Ragged Outdoors Pro Staff Drinking Team
Killians Irish Red Pro Staff Drinking Team
Famous Dave's BBQ Rib Tip Platter Phat Boy Team
BigBlondeBirdDog
hunter

Postby Meatss » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:22 pm

We have a guy from your area and also a long time duck hunter that keeps trying to rejoin by "flyin under the radar"...............but he always gets caught :wink:
Lord forgive me for I shoot hens.
Meatss
hunter

Postby Flyinundertheradar » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:34 pm

Hmmmm. Not sure what to say about that other than I'm not him. Who ever he is? :huh: I got one pm from someone that seems to think they know who I am. Not sure what that's all about.

I picked Flyinundertheradar for a handle because that's kinda how I roll. I generally run solo, and my standard answer for people asking where I'm killing birds or catching fish is "I'd have to kill ya if I told you that".
Flyinundertheradar
hunter

Postby billsarima » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:44 pm

Flyinundertheradar wrote:Hmmmm. Not sure what to say about that other than I'm not him. Who ever he is? :huh: I got one pm from someone that seems to think they know who I am. Not sure what that's all about.

I picked Flyinundertheradar for a handle because that's kinda how I roll. I generally run solo, and my standard answer for people asking where I'm killing birds or catching fish is "I'd have to kill ya if I told you that".

If your not that guy then don't take it personally. The guys on this forum are good guys that just want to hunt and share a little info to help each other out. :beer:
Don't say a word about my dog being fat other wise you can fetch your own duck!!!
billsarima
hunter

Postby hammerinhonkers » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:39 am

Why did a bunch of stuff/posts get deleted?????
Brown=Down
hammerinhonkers
hunter

Postby Flyinundertheradar » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:26 pm

billsarima wrote: If your not that guy then don't take it personally. The guys on this forum are good guys that just want to hunt and share a little info to help each other out. :beer:

No offense taken. I've got a pretty thick skin.

hammerinhonkers wrote:Why did a bunch of stuff/posts get deleted?????

I am starting to think I might need my chest waders when I log in here though. Did I miss something?
Flyinundertheradar
hunter

Postby mallardstalker » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:54 pm

Does anyone else notice that bighcunter and hammerin honkers chime in on our west side friends posts in support or stirring the pot quite frequently? I think he has a couple screen names that he is trying to keep clean to continue to stir things up. What is up with this guy? I would be hunting with all that free time, or something a little more fun than playing on the internet...
mallardstalker
hunter

Postby h2ofowlr » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:14 pm

wandering hunter wrote:Any new person gets called "that guy"

Nope, just yours Brad. They can usually tell it's one of phony accounts pretty quick as it's the same mind numbing banter.
Cut Um!
Real ducks don't have a competition sequence they follow! Hint, hint!
h2ofowlr
State Moderator

Postby Lost Fish » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:35 pm

Man, and I liked his first post too. Oh well. I say give him a chance and if he sticks it in the pencil sharpener then we will just let him cut it off.
Reb
Fish, Hunt, Coffee, and Beer! What more does a guy need!!!
NW WWA Best Parking Space
Retired Marine, Now living off the Goverment (Wife's) Tit!!!
Lost Fish
hunter

Postby billyjett » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:37 pm

Flyinundertheradar wrote:
billsarima wrote: If your not that guy then don't take it personally. The guys on this forum are good guys that just want to hunt and share a little info to help each other out. :beer:

No offense taken. I've got a pretty thick skin.

hammerinhonkers wrote:Why did a bunch of stuff/posts get deleted?????

I am starting to think I might need my chest waders when I log in here though. Did I miss something?

You gotta have thick skin to be a member on here! It's pretty easy to get people riled up , which is why I do way more reading and listening than I do posting.
billyjett
hunter

Postby hammerinhonkers » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:08 am

I'm not real sure what I've done to stir the pot, other than post a pretty obvious joke or two. I thought some posts got deleted off this thread early in its existence. I was just questioning why, didn't mean to get anyones panties all tied up.
Brown=Down
hammerinhonkers
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting