snoqualmie river hunting?

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck, h2ofowlr

snoqualmie river hunting?

Postby outdoors247 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:50 pm

hey guys! new to the forum. gotta a question for you north hunters. how in the h*ll do you hunt the snoqualmie river near carnation or any part of that river i guess. we usually hunt over east or down south but we decided to switch it up last weekend and hit the snoqualmie river. got out before day break and threw out a dozen and a half dekes or so and made blinds on shore, ducks were flying early so we thought we were in. but lil to our attention we had some good competition to the fields on the other side of the bank. the ducks always went to the fields. we had a few lil flocks we got shots at but not nothing close to what was flying. is it always like this there or is it the time of the season they are just decoy shy, did we have to many or not enough dekes out? also does anyone know if the farmers are kind to hunters asking to hunt on their lands? we motored up the river and seen flock after flock going into the feilds all the way we went. lots of birds but nothing to shoot at unless you had some fields to hunt. thanks for any info. and good hunting for the rest of the season, bummer its coming to an end!
outdoors247
Newb

Re: snoqualmie river hunting?

Postby Hntrspud » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:04 am

And you will continue to have that competition. There is a game reserve on the other side of the river that they are all going to. I believe there is a guy who also raises birds over there, so they want to go back every year. The best way is to put out some deeks farther down river and hope to catch them on the way up. The river is alot slower and easier to navigate than up river also. Be careful of logs and other debris as this river floods alot. You will continue to get frustrated if you just sit there and watch those birds pile in over on that side. So get em before they get there. I have had some great hunts in that area, and live nearby. Hope this helps, good luck!
Hntrspud
hunter

Re: snoqualmie river hunting?

Postby outdoors247 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:27 am

Thank you for the help I like the area and seeing all the birds just wish I could pull a limit out haha. I'll have to try your tip thanks again!
outdoors247
Newb

Return to Washington Duck Hunting