Huntting Club / Lease

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, washingtonmuley, h2ofowlr, brokerbyduck

Huntting Club / Lease

Postby singleyj » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:00 pm

Hey guys,
Been a duck hunter for over 10 years now and moved up here about 3 years ago. Back in Louisiana I had hunting club where we leased some flooded fields. Was wondering if anyone knew of any affordable clubs in WA? I live in Seattle area but would join a club anywhere within a 4 hour drive I am just getting tired of wading through tide flats and fighting for public areas that don’t produce that well due to heavy pressure from everyone. I’m looking for either a hunting club or possible people to go into a hunting lease with. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Hope everyone season finishes out stronger than mine has been. Although can’t complain too much been out every weekend and still have not been skunked.
singleyj
hunter

Re: Huntting Club / Lease

Postby Tealer » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:00 pm

If you find a 'good ' and 'affordable' club get your spot and pass along any openings. That's a really tough combo.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby h2ofowlr » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:20 pm

A decent one will probably run you $5k-$12k per person per season. Some of the great spots run more or require buyins plus yearly dues. If you can get into French Creek Hunt club in SNOHOMISH you will be in a very good club!
Cut Um!
Real ducks don't have a competition sequence they follow! Hint, hint!
h2ofowlr
State Moderator

Postby SnoGeez » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:52 pm

h2ofowlr wrote:If you can get into French Creek Hunt club in SNOHOMISH you will be in a very good club!

Whats the buy in at now? Last I heard I think it was $560k and there was a waiting list.

Just bidding my time...that lotto has to hit sometime!
SnoGeez
hunter

Postby Guzman » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:33 pm

I only know of two and like above you are talking in portions of millions. Ie 1/4 million type of thing.
Guzman
hunter

Postby formerly full choke » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:56 pm

BigChunter wrote:
SnoGeez wrote:
h2ofowlr wrote:If you can get into French Creek Hunt club in SNOHOMISH you will be in a very good club!

Whats the buy in at now? Last I heard I think it was $560k and there was a waiting list.

Just bidding my time...that lotto has to hit sometime!

Thats insane... What for? You could buy a house and truck and hunt till ya drop for years for that kinda cash!

I don't know how good the hunting is- but if you have seen pictures of the place- the price makes sense. That clubhouse makes most five star hotels look like Motel 6. It is all relative I suppose. The buy in price for the guys who are members is probably pretty negligible. There is no one who is scrimping and saving to come up with the money. Half million is pocket change. Those dudes drive Mercedes and Porsches to the club. I highly doubt anyone is uncasing a Mossberg in the gun room...
formerly full choke
hunter

Postby h2ofowlr » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:15 am

They all have there own garages for there gear and UTV vehicles. Not a bad set up. They purchased a bunch more land to use as roosting areas. It has become such a large draw that if you hunt any of the bordering land, you just sit and watch the waves of birds head into the place. They have lots of feed and flat water for the birds to sit. When your looking to the south across the valley at the club house all you can see is birds working in front of the hillside. One of the members is on the other forum. They shoot a lot of green heads.
Cut Um!
Real ducks don't have a competition sequence they follow! Hint, hint!
h2ofowlr
State Moderator

Return to Washington Duck Hunting