Re duck I'd

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck, h2ofowlr

Re duck I'd

Postby mrwabobcat » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:47 pm

Lets see if this works

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk
User avatar
mrwabobcat
hunter
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Spanaway wa


Re: Re duck I'd

Postby mrwabobcat » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:52 pm

hope this works
Attachments
dead duck.jpg
dead duck.jpg (10.87 KiB) Viewed 1089 times
User avatar
mrwabobcat
hunter
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Spanaway wa

Re: Re duck I'd

Postby bknilvr00 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:53 pm

Looks to me that you have a Goldeneye hen or an immature drake. Im leaning towards hen though.
User avatar
bknilvr00
hunter
 
Posts: 463
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:38 pm
Location: Lake Stevens

Re: Re duck I'd

Postby BigBlondeBirdDog » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:02 pm

: Hands down, 110% sure that is without a doubt a Goldeneye Hen

My question is, however, ... if that bird is dead, ... why are you asking what "it" is now? :no:

If you don't know what "IT" is, don't believe you should have pulled the trigger on it ... That's just me.
: Waterfowl Junkie & Host of "Pacific Flyway Radio"

Ragged Outdoors Pro Staff Drinking Team
Killians Irish Red Pro Staff Drinking Team
Famous Dave's BBQ Rib Tip Platter Phat Boy Team
User avatar
BigBlondeBirdDog
hunter
 
Posts: 1190
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:11 pm
Location: SE WA State / Lake Wallula / KPR

Re: Re duck I'd

Postby mrwabobcat » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:07 pm

Yes i thought it was a jack it came in with five jacks
User avatar
mrwabobcat
hunter
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Spanaway wa

Re: Re duck I'd

Postby eburgsnake » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:17 pm

Much easier with the pic..hen goldeneye.
waterfowlman wrote:A game hog.......... is a game hog........is a game hog.
Folies will soon be appearing in a park holding waterfowl near you.
User avatar
eburgsnake
hunter
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 9:33 pm
Location: pergatory AKA south King County

Re: Re duck I'd

Postby washingtonmuley » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:32 pm

eburgsnake wrote:Much easier with the pic..hen goldeneye.

Yep
User avatar
washingtonmuley
State Moderator
 
Posts: 702
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:30 pm
Location: On the Salt

Re: Re duck I'd

Postby mrwabobcat » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:05 pm

I guess I was wrong my buddy that shot it said it was a golneneye . I thought it was a young red hed , I have to eat crow that sucks
User avatar
mrwabobcat
hunter
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Spanaway wa

Re: Re duck I'd

Postby BigBlondeBirdDog » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:33 pm

mrwabobcat wrote:I guess I was wrong my buddy that shot it said it was a golneneye . I thought it was a young red hed , I have to eat crow that sucks


I'm gonna jump out on a limb and say that your probably 99.99999999% a puddle guy, ... because there's NO WAY IN HELL that even comes close to looking like a "young" or "immature" Red Head. :no: :mad: :no: :mad: :no:
: Waterfowl Junkie & Host of "Pacific Flyway Radio"

Ragged Outdoors Pro Staff Drinking Team
Killians Irish Red Pro Staff Drinking Team
Famous Dave's BBQ Rib Tip Platter Phat Boy Team
User avatar
BigBlondeBirdDog
hunter
 
Posts: 1190
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:11 pm
Location: SE WA State / Lake Wallula / KPR

Re: Re duck I'd

Postby mrwabobcat » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:39 pm

Yes you are right on, But the divers are also fun .
User avatar
mrwabobcat
hunter
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Spanaway wa

Re: Re duck I'd

Postby Tool-Man » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:42 pm

mrwabobcat wrote:Yes you are right on, But the divers are also fun .


Like shooting skeet. :yes:
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.

Join WWA to save the sport. Ask me about it. http://www.waduck.org
User avatar
Tool-Man
hunter
 
Posts: 2418
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:58 pm
Location: Washington

Re: Re duck I'd

Postby mrwabobcat » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:52 am

Yes and it helps also. I'm gona try to go tuesday night .
User avatar
mrwabobcat
hunter
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Spanaway wa

Re: Re duck I'd

Postby Tool-Man » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:31 pm

mrwabobcat wrote:Yes and it helps also. I'm gona try to go tuesday night .



Me too :thumbsup:
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.

Join WWA to save the sport. Ask me about it. http://www.waduck.org
User avatar
Tool-Man
hunter
 
Posts: 2418
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:58 pm
Location: Washington

Re: Re duck I'd

Postby johnsonthehunter » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:36 pm

BigBlondeBirdDog wrote:
mrwabobcat wrote:I guess I was wrong my buddy that shot it said it was a golneneye . I thought it was a young red hed , I have to eat crow that sucks


I'm gonna jump out on a limb and say that your probably 99.99999999% a puddle guy, ... because there's NO WAY IN HELL that even comes close to looking like a "young" or "immature" Red Head. :no: :mad: :no: :mad: :no:

Haha im a puddle duck guy and i could tell you any duck that can fly in this state!
All/Ways Outdoors
johnsonthehunter
hunter
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:15 pm
Location: Burlington, Wa

Re: Re duck I'd

Postby BigBlondeBirdDog » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:44 pm

johnsonthehunter wrote:
BigBlondeBirdDog wrote:
mrwabobcat wrote:I guess I was wrong my buddy that shot it said it was a golneneye . I thought it was a young red hed , I have to eat crow that sucks


I'm gonna jump out on a limb and say that your probably 99.99999999% a puddle guy, ... because there's NO WAY IN HELL that even comes close to looking like a "young" or "immature" Red Head. :no: :mad: :no: :mad: :no:

Haha im a puddle duck guy and i could tell you any duck that can fly in this state!


Not bad ... The point I was making, and proved was that he didn't / couldn't .... and I was taught, if you cant identify, don't shoot.
: Waterfowl Junkie & Host of "Pacific Flyway Radio"

Ragged Outdoors Pro Staff Drinking Team
Killians Irish Red Pro Staff Drinking Team
Famous Dave's BBQ Rib Tip Platter Phat Boy Team
User avatar
BigBlondeBirdDog
hunter
 
Posts: 1190
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:11 pm
Location: SE WA State / Lake Wallula / KPR

Re: Re duck I'd

Postby mrwabobcat » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:06 pm

Tool-Man wrote:
mrwabobcat wrote:Yes and it helps also. I'm gona try to go tuesday night .



Me too :thumbsup:

Do you guys shoot sleet when it is raining



Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk
User avatar
mrwabobcat
hunter
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Spanaway wa

Re: Re duck I'd

Postby Tool-Man » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:03 pm

mrwabobcat wrote:
Tool-Man wrote:
mrwabobcat wrote:Yes and it helps also. I'm gona try to go tuesday night .



Me too :thumbsup:

Do you guys shoot sleet when it is raining



Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk



Not tonight. :beer:
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.

Join WWA to save the sport. Ask me about it. http://www.waduck.org
User avatar
Tool-Man
hunter
 
Posts: 2418
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:58 pm
Location: Washington

Re: Re duck I'd

Postby johnsonthehunter » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:04 pm

BigBlondeBirdDog wrote:
johnsonthehunter wrote:
BigBlondeBirdDog wrote:
mrwabobcat wrote:I guess I was wrong my buddy that shot it said it was a golneneye . I thought it was a young red hed , I have to eat crow that sucks


I'm gonna jump out on a limb and say that your probably 99.99999999% a puddle guy, ... because there's NO WAY IN HELL that even comes close to looking like a "young" or "immature" Red Head. :no: :mad: :no: :mad: :no:

Haha im a puddle duck guy and i could tell you any duck that can fly in this state!


Not bad ... The point I was making, and proved was that he didn't / couldn't .... and I was taught, if you cant identify, don't shoot.

For sure. And this bird obviously wasnt tagged under C on a sea duck tag :lol3: . So do you mainly hunt divers all season?
All/Ways Outdoors
johnsonthehunter
hunter
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:15 pm
Location: Burlington, Wa

Re: Re duck I'd

Postby BigBlondeBirdDog » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:53 pm

: JTH ... I'm a puddle guy up till Nov 1st ... After that, yes, I'm a diver guy. Bluebills come into season on or Nov 1st.
: Waterfowl Junkie & Host of "Pacific Flyway Radio"

Ragged Outdoors Pro Staff Drinking Team
Killians Irish Red Pro Staff Drinking Team
Famous Dave's BBQ Rib Tip Platter Phat Boy Team
User avatar
BigBlondeBirdDog
hunter
 
Posts: 1190
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:11 pm
Location: SE WA State / Lake Wallula / KPR

Re: Re duck I'd

Postby johnsonthehunter » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:01 am

BigBlondeBirdDog wrote:: JTH ... I'm a puddle guy up till Nov 1st ... After that, yes, I'm a diver guy. Bluebills come into season on or Nov 1st.

That's cool. Targeting divers looks like it would be really exciting!
All/Ways Outdoors
johnsonthehunter
hunter
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:15 pm
Location: Burlington, Wa


Return to Washington Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: USCGHunter and 4 guests