is there anyone not wearing 'da boots tomorrow?

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck, h2ofowlr

is there anyone not wearing 'da boots tomorrow?

Postby bluebiller » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:52 pm

Of course I'm a SeaHawks fan!

The problem ............. with 24mph wind and 100% chance of rain, there is no excuse for not wearing 'da boots and going DUCK HUNTING tomorrow!! This is the exact thing us insane and adamant duck hunters dream of. On my way to the Skagit flatlands. FOR SURE.

I will have the RED umbrella out for identification. No kidding! :yes:
bluebiller

"decoyless, pass, jump, and sneak hunting ..... falling to earth and getting your face dirty"
bluebiller
hunter

Re: is there anyone not wearing 'da boots tomorrow?

Postby h2ofowlr » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:40 am

You and 100 of your closest buddies. Should be crowded out there. Play it safe if you take the boat out as someone will end up tipping one.
Cut Um!
Real ducks don't have a competition sequence they follow! Hint, hint!
h2ofowlr
State Moderator

Postby LongshotBill:) » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:10 am

GO HAwKS!!! We waved off the public idea tonight and are going private due to this being one of the first "weather " weekends in a long damn time! :grooving:
LongshotBill:)
hunter

Postby bluebiller » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:30 pm

Wow, I hadn't seen that many ducks in quite awhile. And snow geese!, but I expected that. I'd say over 5000 widgeon in the first 20 minutes of hunting flew overhead in separate flocks whistling. It was a sight to behold. Never had a shot, in fact I passed on the few I could have. The wind did pickup around 8:15am as forecast and ducks were all over the area. Lots of shooting by other hunters on the south side at both snow geese and ducks. I scored on a lone snow goose on the north side (only hunter there) and couldn't believe it flew right over my head at about 25 yards! Wife's cleaning it up as I write this. Must of been a stray flying back to the major flock out on the sound at the time. So that made my hunting day. :smile:
bluebiller

"decoyless, pass, jump, and sneak hunting ..... falling to earth and getting your face dirty"
bluebiller
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting