Individual shot foot in layout!

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, washingtonmuley, h2ofowlr, brokerbyduck

Individual shot foot in layout!

Postby h2ofowlr » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:44 am

I was wondering if anyone had the full story on the individual that shot himself in the foot while in his layout blind yesterday? This happened near Stanwood. Some said he blew part of it off? How's he doing?
Cut Um!
Real ducks don't have a competition sequence they follow! Hint, hint!
h2ofowlr
State Moderator

Re: Individual shot foot in layout!

Postby StanwoodSpartan » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:09 am

Happened up in Conway. Family drove past as the ambulance was loading him in under the Conway bridge. Called me to see if I was okay... Hopefully the dude is alright
Shoot a goose, save a plane!
StanwoodSpartan
hunter

Postby Cougar125 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:36 am

Wasn't me.
There are no ducks in the desert!
Cougar125
hunter

Postby B_Squared » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:44 pm

Ouch! Knowing duck hunters, if he called an ambulance, either a) he walked to his hunting spot and it was a bit too sore to walk home on or b) he shot it up pretty good. I wish him the best.
B_Squared
hunter

Postby Lost Fish » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:35 pm

There was a note in the skagit paper yesterday saying that he shot himself in the parking lot after they had got back and boat was on the trailer. Would imagine that means he didn't unload gun before getting in the boat and was being crazy (put it on his foot to keep the barrel out of the mud :fingerhead: ) when he was loading it up in the truck.
Reb
Fish, Hunt, Coffee, and Beer! What more does a guy need!!!
NW WWA Best Parking Space
Retired Marine, Now living off the Goverment (Wife's) Tit!!!
Lost Fish
hunter

Postby Blacktail135 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:31 am

If it's true that he was trespassing then......good for us. I wish all trespassers would shoot one of their feet off. I'm tired of them. I've seen 11 (yes that's ELEVEN) trespass violations since Thanksgiving on my neighbors property while duck hunting. I've seen so much skybusting, so many wounded bird's sailed and so much trash left behind that I'm sick of it and just looking for the chance to give Gamey a call and give the scum shooters a 2 year timeout. I'm off the rest of the season, pissed and eager to bag a different kind of trophy.
Blacktail135
hunter

Postby Blacktail135 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:31 pm

Well I was sure yesterday morning some kind of bullshit illegal duck hunting would happen out by my place, but nope. Well today was different. Just went out to the property and lo and behold: Car parked in my property driveway. Looked inside....empty shellbox. Grabbed binoculars, located 2 duck hunters standing right in the middle of my property (in the corn), decoys out. Called the Sheriff. While waiting watched them shoot at honker geese way,way,way out of range. Deputy gave them trespassing tickets. Driver of car was a young smartass. Other one kept his mouth shut. Gonna have to find a way to contact a local Federal agent directly because I got the feel that a simple trespass ticket didn't faze them. I watched these same 2 trespass on the neighbors property last sunday. Well gotta go. Gonna go get my waders on and go back out and snoop around to see if they stomped any corn down or stole any of my stuff.
Blacktail135
hunter

Postby h2ofowlr » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:42 pm

Bummer deal BT. Time to post it up good with No Trespassing signs or add more if already there.
Cut Um!
Real ducks don't have a competition sequence they follow! Hint, hint!
h2ofowlr
State Moderator

Postby Lost Fish » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:27 pm

I have heard that if you are tesspassing that you also get a firearms charge also. Is this true? If so I though it was a feloney.
Reb
Fish, Hunt, Coffee, and Beer! What more does a guy need!!!
NW WWA Best Parking Space
Retired Marine, Now living off the Goverment (Wife's) Tit!!!
Lost Fish
hunter

Postby Tool-Man » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:06 pm

Lost Fish wrote:I have heard that if you are tesspassing that you also get a firearms charge also. Is this true? If so I though it was a feloney.

Yup
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.

Join WWA to save the sport. Ask me about it. http://www.waduck.org
Tool-Man
hunter

Postby Blacktail135 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:04 pm

Oh cry me an effing river! If you're trespassing while hunting and get injured....BootHill should be for you in my book. Checked out the property and found 12 fresh shotgun hulls, 11 shot cups, the corner of a granola bar wrapper and 2 drake wigeon that they had stuffed under some cornstalks. No cornstalks flattened and nothing stolen. Tomorrow is a new day.....and I will be there.....somewhere!
Blacktail135
hunter

Postby Meatss » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:00 pm

Blacktail135 wrote:Oh cry me an effing river! If you're trespassing while hunting and get injured....BootHill should be for you in my book. Checked out the property and found 12 fresh shotgun hulls, 11 shot cups, the corner of a granola bar wrapper and 2 drake wigeon that they had stuffed under some cornstalks. No cornstalks flattened and nothing stolen. Tomorrow is a new day.....and I will be there.....somewhere!

You wish death on a trespassing kid???
Youre kind of a prick arent ya.
Maybe you should offer your AWESOME hunting skills and mentor some youth. You know show them the ropes, the right way to do things.As awesome as you are they would probably pay you for your services.
Lord forgive me for I shoot hens.
Meatss
hunter

Postby Blacktail135 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:02 pm

1) Not really but, if they're that stupid....let'em thin themselves outta the genepool.
2) I am now after what I have seen develope over the last few years...especially this year.
3) Tried that....they're arrogant little shits that know it all, don't want to be coached and since they have the latest,greatest...nasty yo bitch come to mama kazoo duck call, mean ass MF'er skullcap, chokes that'll imply 80% kill rates to 80 yards, 3 1/2" BBB shotshells (are you freaking kidding me?), decals in their truck windows, barrel stickers on their barrels, $1200 shotguns for a punk?, hunting someone elses property but, using another as an excuss for access. Now a days it's all about the kill. When was the last time you had someone ask you if you had a good hunt? Rarely? Thats what I thought........they ask how many did you get?...right?
4) Pay me for my services? Are you kidding me? I wouldn't take it if they offered. Besides them not working and can't afford it why would they offer to pay for something that they know everything about anyway?
Blacktail135
hunter

Postby jgoetz » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:21 pm

The person who shot themselves in Skagit is actually an adult male. Not a kid.
Talk crap, get hit!
jgoetz
hunter

Postby Cougar125 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:38 am

Meatss wrote:You wish death on a trespassing kid???
Maybe you should offer your AWESOME hunting skills and mentor some youth. You know show them the ropes, the right way to do things.As awesome as you are they would probably pay you for your services.

Because you're such a great example? Take a look in the mirror before you try and call others out like a ****.
There are no ducks in the desert!
Cougar125
hunter

Postby bknilvr00 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:27 am

Gentlemen please. Let's settle this like men. Slap fight to the death. To the victor go the spoils...

Sent from my space modulator.
bknilvr00
hunter

Postby chester870 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:33 am

Blacktail135 wrote:1) Not really but, if they're that stupid....let'em thin themselves outta the genepool.
2) I am now after what I have seen develope over the last few years...especially this year.
3) Tried that....they're arrogant little shits that know it all, don't want to be coached and since they have the latest,greatest...nasty yo bitch come to mama kazoo duck call, mean ass MF'er skullcap, chokes that'll imply 80% kill rates to 80 yards, 3 1/2" BBB shotshells (are you freaking kidding me?), decals in their truck windows, barrel stickers on their barrels, $1200 shotguns for a punk?, hunting someone elses property but, using another as an excuss for access. Now a days it's all about the kill. When was the last time you had someone ask you if you had a good hunt? Rarely? Thats what I thought........they ask how many did you get?...right?
4) Pay me for my services? Are you kidding me? I wouldn't take it if they offered. Besides them not working and can't afford it why would they offer to pay for something that they know everything about anyway?

Dude you have no idea what you're talking about and need to keep your mouth shut. People have been hunting this property for years with the land owners blessing. This hunter was a young fire fighter who now faces a possible life altering injury. You need to show a little respect!
chester870
hunter

Postby Blacktail135 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:59 pm

Yes BigChunter I'm not going to lie and say that I didn't do stupid crap when I was younger. I probably should still be hanging by my wader galluses from some swamp willow. What I'm saying is that I'm fed up with all the crap going on around me. There are about 20-30 guy's (not all at once) hunting a neighbors property pretty much 7 days a week all day long. They have really,really,really altered the hunting on my place. They do a lot of trespassing on the other 2 property owners' land that do not allow hunting. Last friday I watched 50ish year old men trespass over there. I can't do anything about that but I can hold my ground on my place (and will). As far as I'm concerned...I'll give no quarter to trespassers and thieves. Glad you're glad to be over there. Over here it can be a real zoo at times.

Chester870.....go back to square one,carefully follow the dot's and try to keep up.

bknilvr00....sit back down, tell barkeep the next 3 are on me. :beer:
Blacktail135
hunter

Postby AnonymousDuck » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:03 pm

Until the facts are known, maybe everyone should restrain from voicing an opinion, that way no one looks like an idiot, but it's your call.
Nothing Runs Like a Lab...
SD/SHR, DixieBrit's Waterdog "Dream" Come True.
Member: Combat Veterans Waterfowl Association.

XIXΔ

All I got was a rock...!
AnonymousDuck
hunter

Postby Meatss » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:09 pm

Cougar125 wrote:
Meatss wrote:You wish death on a trespassing kid???

Because you're such a great example? Take a look in the mirror before you try and call others out like a ****.

When did I wish anyone killed for a law violation????
I do take kids and new hunters out every year, give calling seminars, give away calls and decoys to young hunters and help with youth shoots and calling contest.
And.......................I would put my skill against yours ANY DAY you want.

Lord forgive me for I shoot hens.
Meatss
hunter

Postby chester870 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:16 pm

Blacktail135 wrote:Yes BigChunter I'm not going to lie and say that I didn't do stupid crap when I was younger. I probably should still be hanging by my wader galluses from some swamp willow. What I'm saying is that I'm fed up with all the crap going on around me. There are about 20-30 guy's (not all at once) hunting a neighbors property pretty much 7 days a week all day long. They have really,really,really altered the hunting on my place. They do a lot of trespassing on the other 2 property owners' land that do not allow hunting. Last friday I watched 50ish year old men trespass over there. I can't do anything about that but I can hold my ground on my place (and will). As far as I'm concerned...I'll give no quarter to trespassers and thieves. Glad you're glad to be over there. Over here it can be a real zoo at times.

Chester870.....go back to square one,carefully follow the dot's and try to keep up.

bknilvr00....sit back down, tell barkeep the next 3 are on me. :beer:

this guy is a friend of mine and you are implying that he got what he deserved. you are a brave man to say that on a public forum. Nobody cares about your property so shut the hell up!
chester870
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting