Limit with a bonus!

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, washingtonmuley, h2ofowlr, brokerbyduck

Limit with a bonus!

Postby drakehntr » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:50 pm

Not a lot of puddle ducks flying this morning so I started targeting divers. They decoyed to the bluebill deeks easily. I even had a flock of 200 blues swim to me. I had to just pick off one to finish scaup limit. Then I only needed one bird left to finish total limit and finally 3 widgeon came right in and I picked the drake off. Hes going on the wall! Been waiting a few years for one this nice the dog didnt destroy.
2013/14
27 canada goose
17 mallard
5 teal
2 Gadwall
3 hooded merg
1 Goldeneye
2 spoonie
21 bluebill
8 widgeon
6 pintail
5 bufflehead
1 Redhead
1 Ruddy
drakehntr
hunter

Re: Limit with a bonus!

Postby Reach19 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:09 pm

Good deal...

This is a picture of my son's widgeon he shot this year. I had it mounted for him.

The guy that did the mount is a great younger guy that does good work at a fair price and the turn around time is less than 2 months.

http://www.lanewildlifeartistry.com

Dave

PS: I get nothing from plugging his work. He's just a great "kid" who hunts and does good work :)
Reach19
hunter

Postby Tealer » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:37 pm

I'm not sure that I would Lane mount one of my birds.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby Reach19 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:54 pm

That's interesting, for me time will tell the quality of his work. My son's mounts look just as nice as the mounts that cost me double the amount. I will give you that the previous work (done by someone other than Lane) and quality has lasted 10+ years of looking great.

Do you see something in his work that you don't like?

Just curious,

Dave
Reach19
hunter

Postby Tealer » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:23 pm

Reach19 wrote:That's interesting, for me time will tell the quality of his work. My son's mounts look just as nice as the mounts that cost me double the amount. I will give you that the previous work (done by someone other than Lane) and quality has lasted 10+ years of looking great.

Do you see something in his work that you don't like?

Just curious,

Dave

I see a lot of things with the mount pictured. Not that it matters what I think, if your happy that's all that matters. One thing to remember with taxi work, you get what you pay for.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby Reach19 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:50 pm

I agree and I'm not a trained professional judge of taxidermy work and can only tell you what my eyes see.

Heck, I also shoot a 1992 Mossberg 835 with Estates shells only, because it still does what I want it to do. :)

Dave
Reach19
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting