Long range Trip Cancelled

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, h2ofowlr, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck

Long range Trip Cancelled

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:01 pm

I had planned to run north to hunt with some DHC folks for a 9 day hunting trip. My boss told me earlier this week he had booked me to teach three classes at a seminar next week and had to cancel my vacation. It seems we have a grant hanging in the balance. the head of the board called in a favor. Being the only guy who is qualified to teach the classes means I got the job.

I am going to make some serious points with the boss, and miss out on a great trip and fun hunts. I will have to chase the Old Squaw and Barrow's next year.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Re: Long range Trip Cancelled

Postby Tealer » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:11 pm

Two of my favorite birds.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Re: Long range Trip Cancelled

Postby Cougar125 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:40 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:I had planned to run north to hunt with some DHC folks for a 9 day hunting trip. My boss told me earlier this week he had booked me to teach three classes at a seminar next week and had to cancel my vacation. It seems we have a grant hanging in the balance. the head of the board called in a favor. Being the only guy who is qualified to teach the classes means I got the job.

I am going to make some serious points with the boss, and miss out on a great trip and fun hunts. I will have to chase the Old Squaw and Barrow's next year.

This sucks Clay! Gotta do what you gotta do sometimes though to keep the cash flowing! Good luck next season. We'll have to catch up 2 season's down the road!
There are no ducks in the desert!
Cougar125
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting