Skykomish from a boat

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, h2ofowlr, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck

Skykomish from a boat

Postby lostbackpacker » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:11 am

Anyone hunt from a boat on the Skykomish? Thinking of trying it for the last weekend. I have read the regs and we would be hunting from a driftboat so would not have to worry about the motor issue.

Any success?
I'm not looking for anyones honey holes, just information in general.

Thanks
lostbackpacker
Newb

Re: Skykomish from a boat

Postby somethinsmellsfishy » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:05 pm

lostbackpacker wrote:Anyone hunt from a boat on the Skykomish? Thinking of trying it for the last weekend. I have read the regs and we would be hunting from a driftboat so would not have to worry about the motor issue.

Any success?

Thanks

You may want to read the regs, I don't believe you can be moving and have to be anchored to be in-compliance.

Lots of eyes on the Sky, hope this helps....

Fishy
somethinsmellsfishy
hunter

Postby northern hunter » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:49 pm

In northern Puget Sound Your not allowed to hunt from a free floating device it must be anchored or secured to shore. I think the rest of the state your alright.
northern hunter
hunter

Postby lostbackpacker » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:08 am

The only thing I have found in the regs is concerning hunting while under motor or sail. And nothing in the special regs section either. It would be great if anyone can give me a specific rule or what page they found anything contradicting what I have found.

thanks
Mike
lostbackpacker
Newb

Postby northern hunter » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:21 am

Page 30 for the north puget sound rule.
northern hunter
hunter

Postby huntaholic21 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:39 pm

Pretty sure the Sky is not considered North Puget Sound.
huntaholic21
hunter

Postby northern hunter » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:49 pm

Right, Your good on the rivers just not the bays listed.
northern hunter
hunter

Postby somethinsmellsfishy » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:12 pm

BigChunter wrote:
somethinsmellsfishy wrote:
lostbackpacker wrote:Anyone hunt from a boat on the Skykomish? Thinking of trying it for the last weekend. I have read the regs and we would be hunting from a driftboat so would not have to worry about the motor issue.

Any success?

Thanks

You may want to read the regs, I don't believe you can be moving and have to be anchored to be in-compliance.

Lots of eyes on the Sky, hope this helps....

Fishy

Wrong... Only From progress due to the motor or sail. Has nothing to due with current from a river, and says nothing about an anchor. Sounds like YOU should read the regs :rolleyes:

First off I said "May want to read" and " I believe", thereby inferring that it was not written in stone and only suggested he read the regs to avoid trouble!
Your right it does not say anything about an anchor, but it does state on page 35,first column, paragraph E) that progress must be ceased.

I have been told by a gamey that he would ticket anyone shooting at waterfowl while free floating down a river, You can fight that fight in court, I won't!

As an average duck hunter just trying to help out another duck hunter it does little to create camaraderie amongst us by using language or gestures that some would consider divisive.

Fishy
somethinsmellsfishy
hunter

Postby AnonymousDuck » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:30 pm

I live right near the Ski and I've wondered myself and thought once I get an engine I'd like to scout it. I know a bunch of green-heads like to hang out right off hwy 2 where you can't shoot them. I did see a pintail hen in the Ski not to long ago too.
Nothing Runs Like a Lab...
SD/SHR, DixieBrit's Waterdog "Dream" Come True.
Member: Combat Veterans Waterfowl Association.

XIXΔ

All I got was a rock...!
AnonymousDuck
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting