Duck Hunting Forum banner

Old foamer decoys

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  BigBlondeBirdDog 
#1 ·
I have a bunch of old foamers not 100% sure who made them thinking the goose decoys I have at herters, the canvasbacks look a little different than herters so I wasn't sure, Any ideas on who made them and what they are worth?

#5 ·
The bottom pic is an old Herters for sure..........the above duck decoys I can't be positive, but I think they are Herters also. I've got several dozen of the goose decoys that I bought in the early to middle 70's for $29.00/ doz at the old Olympia outlet store for the Herters Co. Over time, the galvanized screw eye that attaches the head to the body rusts out and fails.........some of the screw eyes in my rig have been replaced twice!!!! The main body will take a lot of abuse, the heads are hollow and made of thinner hard plastic,............they aren't near as tough as the main bodies. Swatting crips can be hard on them if your not careful.

Gibby

#8 ·
: Helllllll I'd jump all over those, ... But funds are alittle short at the moment, sooooooooooo GOTTA pass, even though I don't want to damn it! :sad: :fingerhead: :sad: :fingerhead:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.