Oregon transplant, new to whidbey island

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck, h2ofowlr

Oregon transplant, new to whidbey island

Postby Honkerblaster » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:43 pm

Hey guys I'm from Oregon born and raised in the Medford area. I'm moved here to oak harbor. I'm hoping to meet up with some guys on here to share some experience and hopefully go out and do some hunting. This place isn't what I'm used to but I'm hoping to settle in and make the best of it. I'm actually looking forward to do some sea duck hunting. Can't wait for that honestly. Thought I would pop in and introduce myself. I have scouted around a little bit and found some areas that could look good come fall. If your from the area give me a shout and I would love to meet up to get to know each other!
Now I understand Remington's slogan "one moment, one shot." It's because you should consider yourself lucky the pos went off even once!
Honkerblaster
hunter

Re: Oregon transplant, new to whidbey island

Postby ohtajj » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:17 pm

Welcome!

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk
ohtajj
hunter

Postby Cougar125 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:08 am

Welcome. What brings you to Whidbey?

This island can be productive and there are a few of us up here. I won't be here this season because of deployment but maybe we could grab a brew and I could give you a few pointers.

Good luck!
There are no ducks in the desert!
Cougar125
hunter

Postby h2ofowlr » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:26 pm

Welcome. Stop down at the game unit and get some maps of the area. They will provide some areas to explore over the summer.
h2ofowlr
State Moderator

Postby Honkerblaster » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:28 pm

Thanks for info guys I really appreciate it!as far as why I moved to whidbey... I'm not planning on staying more then a few years. My wife's mother only has a few years left and we both wanted her to be with her the last few years.
Now I understand Remington's slogan "one moment, one shot." It's because you should consider yourself lucky the pos went off even once!
Honkerblaster
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting