Need a kennel for boarding near Seattle

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, h2ofowlr, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck

Need a kennel for boarding near Seattle

Postby dysco » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:41 pm

Can anyone give me a lead on a decent kennel that might board my lab while we're visiting a friend there? The friend shot down even kenneling her in their garage. Sad thing is, he'll be hunting over her in October. :no: At any rate, there aren't a lot of off-leash areas in the city, so it would probably work out better for her to be somewhere else.

There are plenty of options if she was spayed, but I'd also rather have someone keeping her who deals with hunting dogs.
dysco
hunter

Re: Need a kennel for boarding near Seattle

Postby TCFarmer » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:05 pm

Conway Kennels
Rocking M
McKenna Kennels
TCFarmer
hunter

Postby brokerbyduck » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:28 pm

dysco wrote:Can anyone give me a lead on a decent kennel that might board my lab while we're visiting a friend there? The friend shot down even kenneling her in their garage. Sad thing is, he'll be hunting over her in October. :no: At any rate, there aren't a lot of off-leash areas in the city, so it would probably work out better for her to be somewhere else.

There are plenty of options if she was spayed, but I'd also rather have someone keeping her who deals with hunting dogs.

I hope you find a good kennel for her over there. You are a very forgiving friend.
"To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems." Homer Simpson
Beware the ghetto lean!
brokerbyduck
State Moderator

Postby vandeman17 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:44 pm

Conway kennels is about an hour north of Seattle but they are good. It's my uncle's kennel so your dog will be well taken care of and probably given the chance to get out and run and maybe chase some birds if they have time. My pup is up there right now getting a refresher course.
"Coming right at us! A pair of singles!"
vandeman17
hunter

Postby dysco » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:54 pm

brokerbyduck wrote:I hope you find a good kennel for her over there. You are a very forgiving friend.

Brand new house, two old cats, a two-year-old and lots of external stress. He met her when she was six months old and in prime nimrod mode. I don't really blame him, it's just annoying. If he saw her now at home it'd be far easier to convince him.

I'm going to price out a kennel within 4 hours of my house to see if they can tune her up for the whole trip or just kennel her while we're in WA. She's great in the car but will be a liability for our half-day at Yellowstone.
dysco
hunter

Return to Washington Duck Hunting