Hunting lease/club

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, washingtonmuley, h2ofowlr, brokerbyduck

Hunting lease/club

Postby singleyj » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:20 am

Does anybody know of any openings for next year for a lease or even a club that I could join? I live for hunting season and hunt every chance I get. With that being said, I have recently discussed the idea of joining a club or at least getting in on a lease so that I would have a solid spot to go. I have gotten my fair share of birds hunting public land but with quality spots becoming less and less available due to over crowding I figure this is a good option to look into. I have searched the internet and can't really find anywhere that gives even a list of hunt clubs and leases available in Washington. I live on the westside and up for any quality lease or club that is available. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I also have a 16' jet sled so being out in the water is no problem. I'm not afraid of working my butt off to make a place better or hutable as well.
singleyj
hunter

Re: Hunting lease/club

Postby QH's Paw » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:41 pm

The "westside" is a big area, maybe half a state, depending how you cut it. You might want to be more specific about the area where you are considering. You're more likely to get a response.
Save a Salmonid, shoot a sawbill
QH's Paw
hunter

Postby brokerbyduck » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:15 pm

You can get that done but especially on the west side you will be paying more than most folks are comfortable paying and you probably don't be hunting more than twice a week. If you want private land to hunt, your best bet is to knock on as many doors as it takes until you find a spot or two. If you aren't comfortable with rejection, you may consider putting your "lease" budget towards a few guided hunts.
"To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems." Homer Simpson
Beware the ghetto lean!
brokerbyduck
State Moderator

Postby singleyj » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:43 pm

I'm actually willing to go anywhere in the state... I travel for ducks :grooving:

Thanks for the input brokerbyduck.
singleyj
hunter

Postby h2ofowlr » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:56 pm

singleyj wrote:I'm actually willing to go anywhere in the state... I travel for ducks :grooving:

Thanks for the input brokerbyduck.

How much are you willing to spend? Clubs are available at the right price. Sometime you get what you pay for. :thumbsup:

My buddies club charges $20k for 250 acres of which is mostly flooded corn. They have 4 members and usually shoot 4-6 guys 4 days a week. They usually limit quickly and only shoot green. All depends on what you want to spend
Cut Um!
Real ducks don't have a competition sequence they follow! Hint, hint!
h2ofowlr
State Moderator

Postby Tealer » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:44 pm

Good leases can be had for less if you know what to look for. I have found a few less then 2k. The closer you get to H20fowlr the higher the price.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Return to Washington Duck Hunting