Public land blinds

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: brokerbyduck, washingtonmuley, h2ofowlr

Public land blinds

Postby Skeeter99 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:02 pm

Was wondering if building blinds on public is ok? Always see them and have fixed some up but wasn't sure If the state made them or another hunter. Figured other hunters wouldn't mind a nice new blind out at some spots I was thinking of placing one this summer but was curious if you could get in trouble for it?
Skeeter99
hunter

Remove Advertisements

DuckHuntingChat.com
Advertisement

Re: Public land blinds

Postby aaronoto » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:13 pm

If it's on WDFW land no pit blinds, no cutting trees, or attached wire/staples/nails to trees, otherwise it's OK but they state all non-natural material must be removed at the end of the season.
aaronoto
hunter

Re: Public land blinds

Postby Jonathan Knopp » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:22 am

Just a warning, many hunters strongly dislike permanent or semi-permanent blinds on public lands. I went through and put up a few in my favorite hunting spots last year and almost every time I went out to hunt them without fail they had been torn down or completely destroyed. As the season went on I talked to a few hunters in the area about it and realized that quite a few people feel that permanent blinds, no matter how well camouflaged, decrease their chances of success. I still plan to put up a couple semi-permanent blinds this next fall in locations that are less likely to get torn down but wanted to warn you that the chances of you showing up to your blind and having it already destroyed can be very high.
"The only easy day was yesterday."
Jonathan Knopp
FNG

Return to Washington Duck Hunting