Where can I smash some birds

The eastern side of the nation has some of the best hunting. Share your West Virginia duck hunting tips, tactics, insights and information.

Where can I smash some birds

Postby 419FOWLER » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:29 am

:help: Ok here's my deal im moving to Morgantown in january, yep headed to WVU, I'm from Ohio and love to waterfowl hunt why else would I be on this site.If any one out there can give me any ideas on where I could find some of these web footed critters that would be awsome.I'd say with in a 50 mile radius of Morgantown, cause we all know gas aint cheep. Im not gonna have a boat so im gonna say all my hunting will be done over fields or any place i could wade into thanks.
419FOWLER
hunter

Re: Where can I smash some birds

Postby hickunit » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:56 am

I am sure you will get TONS of replies. Most of the guys on here spend thousands of dollars on guns, decoys and a boat. I bet they get sooooo tired of shooting the ducks and geese so they will just give up their spots to let you go in and shoot them. Good luck with all the hot tips.....
hickunit
hunter

Postby 419FOWLER » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:14 am

:mad: I'm getting the felling that post came with some sarcasim, Im not looking to step on toes or steal spots.I'm just asking what the hunting is like around the area and if someone can point me in the right direction.
419FOWLER
hunter

Postby DannyLE » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:59 am

Yeah...I'm finding that duck hunters are secretive about info. and especially the whereabouts of any and all potential hunting areas. In the Morgantown area you might consider Cheat Lake. It's right there close and I'm sure there's a few birds around there. Any back-water area probably holds wood ducks. You might reach out to some of your on-campus friends who are in the same boat as you are and find a connection there. Most locals aren't going to help you. You're just somebody else that might shoot their duck...know what I mean? Good luck, hope you find/found some shooting.
DannyLE
hunter

Postby TomKat » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:40 pm

Welcome! I know a great place near Morgantown you can hunt.

Take 79 south to Hwy 19, go right all the way to Little Indian Creek Rd. Take a right and go on until you get to Lynch Rd. Go right on Lynch about a mile and you will see a pond on the left. James Lynch owns that pond and he really dont care who hunts it. We use to tear the ducks up on that pond! You really ought to take a couple guys with you so you can have enough people to cover the ducks in there. Some of those flocks are impressive on opening day.

Good luck and tell us how you do! Go Mountainers!!!
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby mristain » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:47 am

I got permission to hunt one of the golf courses around here for goose. Send me a pm and we can figure something out. I dont have my decoys up here so if you have any or can get your hands on some that would help.
mristain
Newb

Postby Delduck » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:34 pm

Hey man. I am new to duck hunting but I have a boat. I live in Morgantown. I have a boat, you apparently have some experience which I could learn from. Let's get together. My brother gave me his duck boat when he had his third kid. This will be my second season hunting waterfowl so I am not a total rookie. PM me sometime and we can see if we can work something out.
Hopelessly devoted.
Delduck
hunter

Return to West Virginia Duck Hunting