Duck hunting in charleston or Huntington

The eastern side of the nation has some of the best hunting. Share your West Virginia duck hunting tips, tactics, insights and information.

Duck hunting in charleston or Huntington

Postby Z.herndon » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:25 pm

Hey guys I was wandering if there was anybody in the charleston or Huntington area that is looking to add another hunter to there party? I just moved back to the area from myrtle beach, SC. I had alot of hunting spots down there but I had to move for work. I have everything to duck hunt with including; puddle decoys, diver decoys and goose decoys. I am just wanting to shyly some birds. Any help I would appreciate it.
Z.herndon
hunter

Re: Duck hunting in charleston or Huntington

Postby Z.herndon » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:55 pm

I know that everybody is getting the idea that I am a cyberscouter but I'm not I have been looking around charleston and Huntington for the past two weeks. But with not a whole lot to show for. I have seen a few geese but they were downtown on he guyandote. I am not looking to take someone spots I know how everybody feels. I just came from the most overhunted area you could think of in SC. I am looking to find some other hunters that I could hunt with I hate hunting alone. Face it duck hunting can be dangerous and it's always good to have someone else around. If there is anyone just pm me. Thanks
Z.herndon
hunter

Postby Wahoosnwingbeats » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:22 am

Hey man, I'm heading to charleston from MB on Wednesday,( I go to coastal) and am looking to hunt a little bit somewhere while I'm home. Shoot me a PM if you'd like to get up together and see if we can drop a few.
Quack'm in, whack'm low, stack'm high.

Less time posting= more time hunting
Wahoosnwingbeats
hunter

Postby Wareaglewaterfowler » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:06 pm

I'm a recent transplant myself. Been hunting Alabama waters for years, finding spots near ENWR to hunt, numerous creeks holding ducks, etc. All useless knowledge now, but for a couple of trips back a season. Me , my gear and War Eagle 2170 Blackhawk now reside in Huntington. Been up the Kanawa a couple of times between Point Pleasant and the dam just below Buffalo, not much activity except some woodies and Canada's. Starting from scratch looking for ducks in WV. Anyhow, WHEN I find some ducks, hope I can find some new hunting buddies to hook up with time to time. Hope to run into some of you, and looking forward to some good duck hunting chatter, we have a blast talking on ALDUCKS. Good hunting to all this season!
Wareaglewaterfowler
Newb

Return to West Virginia Duck Hunting