Duck Hunting Forum banner

Eastern Panhandle Hunters

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  WOODIE13 
#1 ·
Was curious if there are any hunters in Berkeley or Jefferson County willing to have me tag along with them on some waterfowl hunts. I was born and raised in Charleston and graduated from WVU last December, got a job with the state, and moved to Martinsburg in August. Really had very limited time to find places to hunt and only bagged 3 ducks and 2 geese in early season (However one of those ducks was a banded drake woodie). Looking for a spot closer to the house with more activity. I have decoys, calls, waders, and a boat. I know we are basically mid way through season so time is limited, but would like to take any chance I could get. Not trying to to steal any spots, just looking to find some fellow hunters to go out and hunt with. Hunting alone just isn't much fun. Thank you.

#4 ·
I'm completely new to the sport and would also love to get some help learning the sport I do have one spot on the Potomac rive WV side not sure if its a good spot or not its in a very remote part of the river. I just need help figuring out what to do, so WV_waterfowler if you'd like I can show it to you or anyone else who would be willing to walk me through things. I live in Martinsburg also and have a few other place that might work just not sure what to look for. PM me if your interested.

#7 ·
dnraven99 said:
I'm completely new to the sport and would also love to get some help learning the sport I do have one spot on the Potomac rive WV side not sure if its a good spot or not its in a very remote part of the river. I just need help figuring out what to do, so WV_waterfowler if you'd like I can show it to you or anyone else who would be willing to walk me through things. I live in Martinsburg also and have a few other place that might work just not sure what to look for. PM me if your interested.
PM sent

#8 ·
Thank you all for getting back to me. I look forward to speaking to you in the near future.

As for the Potomac I sent an e-mail to the Marylands DNR and this is the reponse I got,

Hello Anthony,

Thank you for contacting the Maryland Department of Natural Resources.

The waters of the Potomac River are considered Maryland waters. When hunting from a boat in the river or standing on the naturalbottom of the Potomac River you are required to have a valid nonresident Maryland hunting license as well as a Maryland Migratory Game Bird HuntingStamp. http://www.dnr.maryland.gov/service/hunting_license.asp.

If hunting from the West Virginia shoreline you do not need a Maryland hunting license and can retrieve the birds from the river.

Good hunting,
Larry

Larry Hindman, Certified WildlifeBiologist
Waterfowl Project Leader
Maryland DNR
828B Airpax Road, Suite 500
Cambridge, MD 21613
Tel. 410-221-8838 ext. 105

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.