Sunday Hunting

The eastern side of the nation has some of the best hunting. Share your West Virginia duck hunting tips, tactics, insights and information.

Sunday Hunting

Postby WOODIE13 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:07 pm

Seeing how WV is a few of the states that limit hunting on Sunday to private lands in seven counties, I suggest we champion the idea here to introduce a bill to allow it statewide along with @ 40 other states that do. Let's have some ideas why;)

1. Increased revenue (figures to come later)
2. Increased family shared time
3. Increase opps for the working man (that ultimately pays the salaries of elected officials)
4. Thoughts or input???

Seeing how the work week for the typical WV worker is Monday to Saturday, the Blue Laws need to be changed, bottom line.
WOODIE13
hunter

Re: Sunday Hunting

Postby Chad924 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:17 pm

I cant believe nobody has chimed in on this! I think the Sunday hunting ban is an insult to all sportsmen & is an infringement on our rights. A few years ago the state said it would be up to the counties to pass a Sunday hunting ban & the law was so confusing that most people didn't understand it & thus it was voted to be banned. The only counties that still have Sunday hunting are the counties that refused to put the bill on the ballot, even so you still cannot hunt public ground on Sunday in those counties. THIS IS TOTAL BS, i think the state should step up & say its legal period, although I think you should have written permission on private ground! I cannot drive to work without an opportunity to whack a deer with my truck & we pay for that everyday in insurance premiums. The fact of the matter is, WV sportsmen are not vocal enough & special interest groups (farm bereau, churches & humane society were the three biggies pushing this) have the ear of our officials. We live in WV not DC why can I not use this time to spend with my family how I see fit. I know when I grew up hunting was the best time I ever spent with my father. Please take the time to see these links & I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR ANYONE'S REASONING FOR VOTING FOR A BAN!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVVqM63DqFE
http://sundayhunting.org/index.cfm
Chad924
hunter

Postby WOODIE13 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:50 pm

Chad,
Good to hear some semblance of reasoning, think it is just a way to pass the buck from state to county. Gotta love politics.
WOODIE13
hunter

Postby WOODIE13 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:59 pm

Always heard that the first to bitch about something were the last to do ANYTHING. TY. Chad, and not directed at you in anyway.
WOODIE13
hunter

Postby Chad924 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:18 am

No offense taken. Honestly, I never put much thought into the Sunday hunting ban until my life has gotten way to busy, (past 5 years) and now it looks like I will be having a young 'un to run around with in the years to come. When I was younger & in school i could hunt 6 days a week & thus got my fill of it, now I get to hunt one. I look at it as a way to spend more quality time with my child in a time when more time needs to be spent with younger generations. More so it should simply be our right! There is noone that says "you can't play golf on Sunday". I am trying to find out the proper channels to persue this but I am sure it will be in vain.

Are there any counties near you that allow Sunday Hunting? There are none near me.
Chad924
hunter

Postby wvz71 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:47 am

Im all for it but trying to get people to do anything is next to impossible....
WVDU Recruitment Chairman
WVDU OVC Co Chairman
Keep Your Faith in the LORD....
wvz71
hunter

Return to West Virginia Duck Hunting