APPLICATION FOR McClintic WF Draw Hunt

The eastern side of the nation has some of the best hunting. Share your West Virginia duck hunting tips, tactics, insights and information.

APPLICATION FOR McClintic WF Draw Hunt

Postby WOODIE13 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:57 am

WOODIE13
hunter

Re: APPLICATION FOR McClintic WF Draw Hunt

Postby duckhunter4life84 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:09 pm

Good hunting if you actually get lucky enough and get drawn. Its been a couple years since i last got a "blind" there. Its still one of my favorite places to hunt in the early season.
duckhunter4life84
hunter

Postby WOODIE13 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:35 pm

What is bad is most decide not to show up, maybe they should have a stand by. Points to ponder, but good luck to you too.
WOODIE13
hunter

Postby duckhunter4life84 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:00 pm

If someone doesn't show up the blinds go first come first serve after those that have permits choose there spot.

Personally I think McClintic should be more like greenbottom in the way they give out permits every morning. The end result is the same the first 2 or 3 days are good then its not so hot unless we get new birds. I also think it would be nice to hunt all day on the last day or 2 of the early season instead of 12 in those two hunting areas. Curious what your opinions are on that.

Good luck hope you get a good draw
duckhunter4life84
hunter

Postby WOODIE13 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:04 pm

12 would be fine, early season is hot, still can take doves in the afternoon, so I am all for it. Maybe if you were a no show, you cannot get drawn for the next season as a penalty?
WOODIE13
hunter

Postby duckhunter4life84 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:07 pm

I would be ok with that doubt it will ever happen though.
duckhunter4life84
hunter

Postby WOODIE13 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:41 am

duckhunter4life84 wrote:I would be ok with that doubt it will ever happen though.

Let me know when the meetings are and I think with my abilities of debate from the Pentagon and numerous other Army HQ's, I think I have a bit for powers of changing that. What kills me now is there is no published dates for DNR meetings or email comments, unlike numerous other states, we are given what they decide without input. There should not be a status quo and I would champion a waterfowl stamp to be reinstated for WV as along as I know it went to WF and not the general fund. Did you tell me this about the goose season for mid Nov? Sounds familiar, but I will check it out.
Last edited by WOODIE13 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
WOODIE13
hunter

Postby WOODIE13 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:44 am

Nov 19, 2011
duckhunter4life84 wrote:that would be nice to have goose season in I doubt it will happen though

That is why we need to change things, with input from hunters, bottom line. Hell, we do not even know the seasons until after they start for dove and goose, now that would be a start wouldn't it? We are Americans, not American'ts, right
WOODIE13
hunter

Postby duckhunter4life84 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:25 am

I have heard rumors we will have a week or two to hunt geese in november but as far as I know it hasn't been approved yet I could be wrong though havn't checked in a week or so.

They usually release the dove and early goose season dates a week before season starts which in my opinion is way to late. Its hard to plan hunts if your not 100% sure of dates.

I agree 100% we should have a state stamp again I would even support it even if it didn't go to waterfowl just because it seemed to be idiot prevention.

If you check the news page on the DNR website you can usually find when and where the meetings will be held a couple weeks in advance but not always not that I have seen these meetings do any good seems there just a place to vent they do what they want anyway.

There is alot of changes that need to be made.
1. I have a lifetime license why should I have to go to a store to get my HIP card and try to explain to the clerk what I want and get that blank confused look. If I buy my license every year online I can print my HIP card right then. IT just seems completly dumb that I can't because i have a lifetime license.

2. A state waterfowl stamp should be implemented again. Preferably the money would go to waterfowl projects on public land.

3. A teal/wood duck season in sept. I am sure not everyone would agree with this one though.
Those are just a start I am sure there are many more changes that could be made for the better.

Id like to see hunters in this state put aside there differences get together and try to change things for the better. Getting all waterfowlers to get along is next to impossible though.
duckhunter4life84
hunter

Postby WOODIE13 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:43 pm

Agree with pretty much everything you said, think we all need to come together and have a united voice, folks tend to listen.

For the HIP, some states have a phone number to call, give them the license number, they give you your HIP #
WOODIE13
hunter

Postby WOODIE13 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:53 am

Got drawn, 2 dates, 10/6 and 10/11:tu
WOODIE13
hunter

Postby greenheadsmasher » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:18 pm

No permit here yet. I doubt I get drawn because I put it for the first day.
greenheadsmasher
hunter

Postby WOODIE13 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:18 pm

I got plans for the opener, so it works out pretty good, now what pond should I hunt ;) ?
WOODIE13
hunter

Return to West Virginia Duck Hunting