duck hunting

The eastern side of the nation has some of the best hunting. Share your West Virginia duck hunting tips, tactics, insights and information.

duck hunting

Postby Z.herndon » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:59 pm

anyone out there looking for another hunter out there. I have alot of decoys and everything to duck hunt but a boat. i live in charleston, wv and i am looking for some other hunters to go do some shootin. i am not a rookie to duck hunting i just sold my boat before i moved back to wv.
Z.herndon
hunter

Re: duck hunting

Postby WOODIE13 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:04 pm

Deffinitely no rookie and can flat out run a duck call. :thumbsup:
WOODIE13
hunter

Postby Z.herndon » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:49 am

Thanks Woodie. We are definitely going to have to hook up over the main season and put the smack down on some more pintails. Oh yeah keep on the look out for some divers I am really wanting a canvasback. But any divers would do.
Z.herndon
hunter

Postby Starchief » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:55 am

I am in same boat as you (or no boat as you). I have a small jon I use on small ponds but no big boat. I hunt some swamps and small ponds in Southern Ohio too. It would be great to hook up with someone with boat. I have decoys, etc.
Starchief
Newb

Postby Z.herndon » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:08 pm

Yeah I have a couple of kayaks that I have camouflaged and they do pretty good. I am ready to do some duck hunting thou. If you ever want to go just let me know I hunt over towards Huntington a little. Just shoot me a pm and we can set something up.
Z.herndon
hunter

Postby WOODIE13 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:19 pm

Been seeing some ringers and a few bills, nothing great like VA, will let you know about the cans, you can even have the first shot :thumbsup:
WOODIE13
hunter

Postby Z.herndon » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:41 pm

Woddie you know all I need is one. Oh yeah I can out of a mines today and there was a fairly big pond that had about a dozen mallards on it. I could shoot them with a gun so I broke out my Hoyt and smacked 2 big fat drakes down with the arrow. I have to say I am pretty proud of my self shooting 2 birds in the air, pretty much floating in at getting ready to land, with my bow. Now all I need is a big buck to come in and I can get deer season off of my mind and turn to those dirty birds.
Z.herndon
hunter

Postby Starchief » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:32 am

Cool about the greenheads with a bow. Love to get together to hunt. In the last few years I havent got to go so much so this sounds good. In the past I have hunted ducks in Kansas & Arkansas. Kansas was great. Had one pond where there must have been 50-60 greenheads come in at once! Never seen anything like that before or since. Hunted the rice fields in Arkansas but never got to hunt flooded timber. Will send you a PM if ok.
Starchief
Newb

Return to West Virginia Duck Hunting