Introduction and Thank You from a New Member

The eastern side of the nation has some of the best hunting. Share your West Virginia duck hunting tips, tactics, insights and information.

Introduction and Thank You from a New Member

Postby MapleCreek » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:49 pm

Hello everyone - another new duck hunter here! Although I have been “stalking” everyone on this board for over a year, I decided it was time to register and finally join the conversation.

I’m in North Central WV, not far from Fairmont and Morgantown. I’m an avid fly fisherman, bow hunter and bird hunter but I have never hunted ducks, basically because I’ve always believed that there are not that many around – but as I’ve gotten older I’ve realized that low numbers is what makes the pursuit even more enjoyable.

As I mentioned before I enjoy bird hunting and own/breed German Shorthaired Pointers but bird numbers are really down in my area and I’m looking for a new challenge. Hopefully I can get my pointers to start water retrieving this summer so that I can take them along. I also have a small johnboat but that’s all with regards to duck hunting.

Thanks to all of you that have been so helpful and willing to share your knowledge on this site with us newcomers. You can be sure that I’ll have plenty of questions during the offseason…and if anyone has an extra seat in their blind next season I’d be happy to tag along and pick up as many pointers as I can. Good luck and many Blessings.
MapleCreek
Newb

Re: Introduction and Thank You from a New Member

Postby WOODIE13 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:26 pm

I am a good ways away from you brother, but get ready for the addiction, one good shoot, you are done. Funny thing about WF hunting is you never know what the North wind will bring you, all different varieties of birds, just never know what difference a day or two will make.
WOODIE13
hunter

Postby MapleCreek » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:45 am

Thanks Woodie - I'm looking forward to it!
MapleCreek
Newb

Postby jasonsteadman » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:36 pm

Where are you in Marion County I am uphere working living in Linn WV
jasonsteadman
Newb

Postby wvwaterfowlhunter » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:23 pm

Maple creek, there are several good spots not far from your area to get in the addiction. I would contact your local Ducks Unlimited chapter in Fairmont. A buddy of mine is the area chairman. Join/volunteer the chapter and you will meet people that will help you along and help conserve habitat for the ducks.
Takem'
wvwaterfowlhunter
hunter

Return to West Virginia Duck Hunting