Another WV Rookie....

The eastern side of the nation has some of the best hunting. Share your West Virginia duck hunting tips, tactics, insights and information.

Another WV Rookie....

Postby wvz71 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:52 pm

Whats up guys??? New to the board and figured I would holler at ya.....

Whats up LA????

Got some permission yesterday.....Seen upwards of 400 birds yesterday along the river...Mixed bag of ducks and geese....
wvz71
hunter

Postby Appalachian_Sportsman » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:39 am

Welcome to the club :welcome:
your addiction has just started, soon you will experience loss of desire for other gaming pursuits, around Feb. there will be DT's and just about the time you think you've got it licked Sept. is here and it starts all over again.
Appalachian_Sportsman
hunter

Postby wvz71 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:28 am

I was starting to shake uncontrollably as I was cleaning the guns and putting them in the cabinet.....I told the wife she needed to find me a support group to overcome the DT's.....
wvz71
hunter

Re: Another WV Rookie....

Postby relocatedduckman » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:43 am

I have been kicking the rust off the old gun. Gettin into the clay bird group and getting on the birds again.
relocatedduckman
hunter

Postby isoemerger18 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:21 am

i'm new to the board but not wv waterfowling this makes my 11th year chasing woodies,mallards,geese,gadwall,,a few pintails a few blue bills ,bunches of hooded mergys,ruddy ducks,teal both gw and bw.....and a few old squaw to my credit
the ducks r here more variety in the late season but i love the early season always bunches of woodies and a few teal and even a few mallards and geese to boot
shane :wink:
isoemerger18
Newb

Postby WVDuckHunter26 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:31 am

Hello my fellow WV waterfowler addicts lol WVZ71 Its Matt from up the road I seen where you got on some early season ducks. Im from the Huntington area where are you other guys from?
Matt Hall
CTSTV team WV
WVDuckHunter26
hunter

Return to West Virginia Duck Hunting